Holiday grand plan 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Holiday grand plan 2010

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 am

hard to believe that the holiday grand plan starts august 29th.

dharriet I hope you don't mind I copied your words exactly from the 2009 grand plan

"The Holiday Grand Plan is an 18 week program to clean and organize your home for the holidays.

The Holiday Grand Plan begins now and continues through year's end.

Browse each week's assignment for cleaning and holiday prep using the links below. Free printable checklists and calendars make it easy to plan your progress and organize each week's goals.

http://www.organizedchristmas.com/holiday-grand-plan

You might like to join Indiana and others following the Focus threads schedule, with cleaning finished the beginning of November instead of just before Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays!!!"
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Holiday grand plan 2010

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 am

I have put aside the tip money for the people in our lives we are thankful/grateful for their help
newspaper man, mailman, waterman, teachers at school, teachers for after school programs, backyard man, :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:21 pm

still working outside to get ready for fall

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm

this week is supposed to be the master bedroom... I am still outside and foyer/enterance:

goal this week: put away above ground pool stuff :D
buy covers for furniture :D
wash windows :arrow:
trim bushes (ready for lights)
spray :arrow:
clean front door glass :arrow:
paint front door :arrow:
closet is pretty clean so just swipe ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:49 am

Way to go blessed!

I have a book with jar gift ideas!

We have a bunch of fall birthdays here so I've been working towards that currently.

Got fabric for two pillow cases yesterday.

I have collected various kinds of pie filling even found some with out added sugar
and some pie crusts are in the freezer we will make up pie 'bites' with dgkids and see
how these turn out.

I have some yarn crafts I've been making up prayer shawls and will be donating them soon.

Also have some coats that are too small to go in with donations as cold weather comes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I'd better post now, since I am working in the master bedroom at the right time for HGP, because I may never be caught up with you again!!! :? It is slow going. Dstepson brought me some storage containers.

Gifts so far - I've put a couple things into gift closet but haven't yet written out a plan or cataloged what I need.

Homemade gifts so far - I've decided on 6 persons to receive homemade gifts of pincushions and have cut out some of the fabric. I dream of getting some quilt done for Christmas but seriously doubt it can happen by then.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm`finally`working`on`my`bedroom.`Yay.
Yesterday`I`divided`into`focus`zones...`fingers`crossed`I`see`this`thru.

One`wall`done...`currently`actioning`stuff/heaps`removed`...
Hoping`to`get`onto`next`wall`today...`Thinking`of`trying`dresser`along`that`wall.

Harriet...`haven't`really`thought`of`gifts`yet.
Big`wtg`Nancy`,`blessed,`Harriet.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:42 am

Cleared out the gift dresser and put the items I'd made for gifting in a bag
to go in the fall ready to load in the car and found a place for them this year.

Other things are reloaded in a smaller dresser in the crafting zone.
Working on some closets and dressers around here too.

The house seems to have more breathing room now!
Yea for that!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:07 am

Nancy that is wonderful that you cleaned out that gift dresser and great job on having the house give you more space!
good for you

you will do great dlyn. I like the zones that you keep going back to. great job on getting the one wall done.. awesome!

dharriet .. great on getting some gives and making gifts (they are always special!!!). the quilt doesn't have to be for this Christmas as they may add lots of stress, its okay, take the pressure off of yourself on that one. great work!

dnancy I love the gift jars.. someone gave me hot peppermint chocolate and I always remember that. pie bites sound yummy! Its great that you make prayer shawls. they mean so much.

lets see>I am still in the outside realm but I do have my list and a budget (which I always laugh at when I say that because I always go over budget). I didn't get into the master bedroom except to donate items and toss on garbage day. My house outside is looking prettier; we are trying to get ready for the holidays even though we go other places.

I bought one christmas item and tossed a christmas item (trying to keep on the one in then the one out)
I bought tide for giving day dec. 6. and will buy one each major shopping day so its not overwhelming.
I bought pillows to replace our pillows and for guests of dd15, I still have to buy two blankets as our OLD blankets I tossed, I did buy dd15 a white comforter to replace the one the dogs ruined (they laid on them while chewing their bones)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am

this week for the master bathroom/bathrooms: buy extra hand soap for bathrooms, toss old towels, buy extra toilet paper to have in stock instead of buying it during the holiday season.
every 2 weeks buy one tide for donation to giving day in december (so $10 every two weeks)
also remember that school asks the teens to bring in canned goods. start thinking what would be healthy.
clean medicine cabinets.
wash curtains

Return to “The Creative Home”