Art, Craft and Needlework, September, 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
sherinjoy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, September, 2010

Postby sherinjoy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Sunny - I just wrote a long post about how much I love your dgd's quilt - and lost it when I hit submit!!! Oh well, I said I love the colors and your dgd is so bright and cheery next to it. I like how it fits the bed perfectly and the name is wonderful.

Your dgs will love his too when you make it. My DS18 has a handmade quilt on his bed since he was about 9 yrs. old. When I suggest changing it to something new, he says "NO WAY - that's my quilt!!" I don't think he could sleep without it now - LOL.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:04 am

Love the pic. in this thread!

I've been doing the 2nd round of color on the camo granny square project and no way I can get it done by the Sat. birthday party but so glad I am nearing the half way point on it now.
One more block and I will be officially half way done with the blocks. May have an extra week
so who knows may even get it done on time yet! I'm not giving up.

I am now half way done with this part of the squares now.
Do not have a phone sorry folks no picture coming.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks, Nancy and Sherinjoy. I talked to dgd13 last night and told her of all the comments and she got all giggly and was so pleased that her quilt and new bed were liked.

Nancy, I hope you will post a picture of your camo granny square project when it's finished. I'm curious to see it.

I have a couple of other sewing projects to do before I start another quilt. I need to make a curtain for our MBath as ds took the shade down when he painted. I couldn't find a window/shower curtain set anywhere. They must not make the matching sets anymore. There are lots of nice drapes and curtains, but not in my price range! I did find a fabric shower curtain and I got a large tablecloth that will look nice that I can cut down and make a nice window treatment. I also want to make a couple of aprons.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:28 am

This camo color yarn only looks like a camo print when you knit it up now when it's crocheted unfortunately in the granny squares any way it might be more camo pattern when done in a single crochet project.

I have the blocks set together and am working on the out side rounds on it now so it looks like I will be able to finish this before the birthday gathering! I have finished this in time yea! It has turned out really wall also!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:26 pm

The como project turned out so well that I've got going again on another granny square project a shawl now I'm putting that together and have the block in strips and will be
putting the strips together! Yea for progress!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:47 am

Camo granny square was a real hit dgson took it right away and dashed off to put it in his sleeping zone with the camo pillow and fabric!

Return to “The Creative Home”