Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2010

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 am

I finished up the pink camo prayer shawl last night.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Here is a picture of the pincushion that Harriet gave the link for a while ago. It went together fairly easy; the hard part came with the chain stitch around the edge. I had to use a bigger needle because I used yarn not embroidery thread. I could not find a button I liked, so I made a yoyo for the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Ohmigosh, Sunny, that's just cute as it can be! I love the "edging" look of the chain stitch, but frankly it does kinda look hard, so I left it off mine. I can see the colors of the fabrics in this pic even better than the pic of the quilt, and the contrast is ideal, isn't it? (contrast makes the patchwork world go 'round)

Nancy, you must be almost ready for your handmade gift-giving. Do you still make your own gift bags sometimes like you used to?

BookSaver, hmmm, I thought I'd already responded to you about the panel animals, but I remember now it was in PWYC. I would have been interested in even negative things said about days sewing with friends (but can see you wouldn't much enjoy posting it). My dcousin asked me about quiltmaking yesterday and I had to say I just never get much time. When I was teaching at the church and also when our group made the adoption quilt I was pressed into carving out more time.

Dd12 says that the thing about the bookmarks is that it gets too tempting to make each one unique and you have to keep your mind on the assembly line if you're going to get a bunch done.

Return to “The Creative Home”