Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2010

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

What will you be settling in to create in November?
How will you budget time to get to the fun?
Will you be doing some additional creativity to make items into gifts - fun wrappings, tags, etc?

We got in some FUN in October!

Nancy began a white shawl and finished a granny square throw. She posted her Crochet Puppet Directions, so check last month for that if you'd like to save it. Her dd is asking her to make potholders.
BookSaver is making fingerless mittens and reported on DEconstructing a fun costume for a friend.
Twins Mom came in to encourage. Wonder what cards she's making now?
Indiana has been knitting and enjoying the same Saturday knitting show as Nancy.
bittersweet has been sewing kittycat pads for adoptees! Also donating some fabric to others.
Harriet posted a photo of fabric bookmarks and a link about reusing clothing for new sewing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2010

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 am

I'm working on the last of the pot holders now; have a three done one more to finish today
I'm glad to begin those again and will put some in the gift dresser.

Dgd #2 wants another prayer shawl and told me what colors she likes.
So I'm considering that this week.

I'm considering crocheting mittens not sure how to do that yet but I'm thinking I"ll give it a try.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:01 pm

I made another pincushion today, up to the floss (DMC) part. I want to have several made before dd and I decide which buttons and floss color go with which cushions' fabrics. I was surprised how pretty an old fashioned black button looked with the old fashioned fabrics - didn't think of that.

Budgeting time - I'm going to try to use my alone time in the early afternoons.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 pm

phpqUVnBTPM.jpg
I made enough progress on my stamping desk that I could make a quick sympathy card this afternoon. I still need to do a lot of clean up work up there, and need to go back up and clean the desk back up from making the card.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Beautiful card Twins. I like your color selection. Thanks for sharing.
I'm setting up a crafting area to make Holiday cards. I want to make some Thanksgiving cards too.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm`needing`to`get`back`to`baby`rug...Did`a`little`the`other`night..
.Had`to`reworkout`the`fiddly`corner`bits.`Its`a`rainy`day...I`might`see`if`theres`a`movie
and`do`some`more...Currently`connecting`the`"prayer`flags"`on`the`3rd`last`row..

nice`card`Twins.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Don't you just love ovals in any art? Unexpected, but visually calming. That's a beautiful card, Twins. The trim is probably not textile, but to me resembles large rick-rack, which I like so much. I'm so glad for you that you are getting your creative area organized for more fun (easier)! When you finish, come over and help me wade into mine. :oops:

Enjoy figuring out mitten-making, Nancy. I've always thought mittens were so cozy-looking, whether they were functional or decorative like stockings.

sherinjoy, I hope you have a ball with your card-making. In my mind, creative remnants from card work could be used to decorate gift tags??? Can you and Twins tell I don't know much about cardmaking? :? That's how it would work with fabric crafting, anyway!

It's probably not really warm there yet, Lynlee, so cuddling with your handwork for a movie sounds perfect. Looking out on a rainy day myself.. ...

New member CrazyArtist joined yesterday and she has a lot of creativity mentioned in her "profile" under "interests". I hope she is able to post with us and tell what she's working on lately.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

I'll have to write it down as I go so they will both be the same LOL!

I started a tan prayer shawl this week as I had the yarn here on hand.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Harriet, the scallops behind the image were cut with a metal die that goes through a machine that presses the die into the card stock. I made a very simple "Hello" card today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Very nice card Twins'. I like the color combination. I haven't taken any time for crafting lately, but seeing your card as inspired me to get back to it!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “The Creative Home”