Art, Craft and Needlework, January 2011

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Lynlee

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January 2011

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:13 am

they`are`beautiful`Lisa.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Lisa you do beautiful work. I with Harmony and Harriet about the border.

Now I have added a new table runner to my projects.

I also added a tea cozy. I got so frustrated with my last one I threw it out. I like the one that cathyy made.

FYI - The insul-bright is on sale at Joann Fabrics if anyone is looking for it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Today I made one more "house" block for 8 out of 14 made. It is easy and pleasant sewing, and I didn't even have to change thread in the machine because the thread I had in there blended. The difficulty/time is in choosing fabrics because I want them to be different.

Also I ordered one half-yard of fabric today online. There's another I'm very interested in, for blue sky. I wish the same place sold both. Oh, well.

I'm completely out of any fabric that resembles blue sky at all, so I will have to make a decision pretty soon. These houses need an atmosphere. ;)

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:12 am

Thank you very much Lynlee and Indiana.

Harriet, may I ask which online shop you've ordered your fabric from.

Also, noted a few days ago that Keepsake Quilting has the book you were talking about on special at $34.99. Thinking that I might order it.....first to check if they ship international.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 am

Lisa I am no help to you this time because this was from a small business that advertises on ebay (I imagine it is someone's quilt shop) and specifically says they only send to US and Canada.

I did shop (but not buy) at 4my3boyz.com because they cut in fat quarters. The cost for me to have a fq shipped is $1.50 and .50 for each additional; the cost for international shipping is $2.50 and $1.25 for each additional. I didn't think that was very good int'l shipping pricing, but I don't know.

I thought of you all when I received a Clotilde catalog the other day. I haven't ordered from them in ages, but I guess they still had my info. Every odd little notion you can think of, and patterns for rare things, like doll boots, leg warmers, woven pocketbooks, funny clothespin hangers, and one was how to change a plain cheap t-shirt into a fitted one with prettier neckline/hem. :idea: Sigh! No new projects! No new projects! Lisa, they only sell fabric in packs and I notice for international shipping they have a number to call, which doesn't sound too promising.

It was the Moda Marble in Blue Sky I assumed I would choose, but stopped in at Hancocks today on a whim and noticed the blue M'Liss "blender" and blew $4.00 to have a half yard in-hand right away. That will be fine for the sky and now it's off my mind. I also got a quarter yard of a chicken-wire print that will be fun for this quilt and future things, I think. So that was my big $6 shopping spree.

That sounds like a good price on the book. I can hardly put it down, btw. It keeps calling to me.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Working on learning a new knitting pattern last night it went well and I was
pleased with my progress yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Good job, Nancy! I hope you have fun with it.

the Connecting Threads catalog came here today, Lisa. I can't remember - did you order from them before? They have the book down to $29.95. These prices are making the amount HRH had to pay back before Christmas look pretty high! In fact, they have a bunch of books on 40% off for a while. The catalog itself is very pretty but still a lot of emphasis on just preplanned kits.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 am

WTG, Nancy.

Harriet, Connecting Threads do not ship internationally, which is a pity as there are sometimes something I like on their website. I'm sure they would have more business if they did so. Especially since it's actually cheaper to order fabric from the States and ship it here than buying it locally.

To get that book locally, I will need to pay over R400 for it. If I order it from Keepsake, it will cost me approximately a little under R250. I'm still thinking of getting it but must wait until pay day on the 25th.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 am

I asked the dgds what color they would like for a granny square throw for their rooms so now
I can get the yarn for those!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Got a prayer shawl finished yesterday.
Fri. got yarn to start the ones for the girls more granny square projects in the works now.

Return to “The Creative Home”