Art, Craft and Needlework, January 2011

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, January 2011

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks to everyone who made this thread so interesting in 2010.

I know I am always so interested whenever I see a new post here. I always wonder what you all are up to, or whether you have a new idea for finding time for creativity!

Last month we got to chatting about how we're going to prioritize the projects we want to finish in 2011. Check back to read that start of discussion (and come add to it here), plus see the photo from Twins Mom of a new card. (Remember, if you haven't posted photos before, Indiana and Kathryn have "how tos" in the Tips, Hints and How-Tos thread in the News forum.)

Did anyone have end-of-year compliments to report? Gifts you were able to give or decor in your homes that received compliments? Do tell.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January 2011

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:49 pm

I have a few crafting goals for 2011.
Included but not limited to learning a few more stitches I've been making progress on that this holiday season w/out dgkids here I can focus on that.

I still want to make up some slippers and mittens need to learn how to crochet those up.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I listed my projects for the year on a card. As I start a project I will let you know what I'm working on and tell you when I'm done. I haven't been reporting and that is one of my goals to report progress.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello Ladies,

This is the first table runner top and would like some advice as to whether I should add a border or not. If so, I do have enough to do a border in the maroon colour with the binding and backing fabric as the same colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Here is a photo of one of the blocks as a close up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Here is the 2nd table runner I have sewn up so far today.

This one just needs the backing, batting, quilting and then binding done on it. I have the backing and binding fabric. I have some batting but not sure if it's the right one.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Here is a close up of one of the blocks for the 2nd table runner.

A huge thank you to my DH for holding up the table runners.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Both of them are gorgeous, Lisa! More perfect piecing. You've been having fun. On a table like my dining table here, since it is about the same light color as the first runner, the runner would probably need that contrasting border to make it stand out. If it will be used on a darker table, it would be very pretty finished like this, and the binding would still add a pretty finish. Trying to envision it, I think it would look "richer" with the maroon border, as long as you were still happy with the width. Yes, thanks to your dh for photo-staging help! Loved getting to see these.

Looking forward to your reports, Indiana!

As for me, I cut out a couple "windows" and planned a little on the bookcover.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Lisa, those are beautiful and you do nice work. I think the border would add a very nice dimension to the runner. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 am

Thank you Harriet and Harmony for your input.

I will add the border. I think I will use table runner 1 on my dressing table in the bedroom which is a light wood finish. The 2nd table runner will be for the coffee table in the lounge as this table is short in length and dark wood finish. I think that the shorter table runner will be the better option on this specific table.

Return to “The Creative Home”