Art, Craft and Needlework, June, 2011

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June, 2011

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 am

Dd31 hung the baby quilt as part of her decor for the baby shower. It was very well received and no one thought it pretentious, just accepted it, so I was glad. When my dfirstmil's cross-stitch blanket was opened, then, a big deal was made over it as it deserved - that was a definite goal for me and for dd31. Ds26 just loved the quilt, chased me down to thank me and hug me, and during the "tell a story about baby's mom or dad" portion of the party, asked me to tell about the quilt, too, which I did, briefly. Many photos have the quilt in them, but I neglected to get a photo of the label. Maybe later.

An unexpected kindness was that dsecondsisil made a point, with my baby-niece2.5 in her arms, to tell me that baby-niece goes to sleep every night with the "hearts" quilt I made her, and it's had to be washed many times. Baby-niece has a ritual of getting covered with the quilt, then pulling it over her head, lol, then turning to the side to peek out for sleep. I had posted a photo of that quilt here, 2.5 or so years ago I'm pretty sure, because we chatted about quilts made from purchased sets of fabric squares so the sewing goes faster.

Yep, here it is: quick hearts quilt. It was made with 68 pre-cut print squares, mostly bought in just a couple packs, but some of my own, plus white. So, much quicker than it looks.

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June, 2011

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Here is an interesting blog about fun art with children. Most are about art, some about life in general.

I especially like the circles one, and the "summer outdoor art" which is now at the bottom of the first page, with ideas for letting colored bubbles pop against mounted paper outdoors, and using herbs and grasses for "stamped" repeat paint images.

Return to “The Creative Home”