Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2012

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Lynlee

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2012

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Harmony - glad you could find some sort of solution for the dye problem.
Ignore this opinion if you wish - but I'd be tempted to just use the red fabric in red themed settings - just in case. I once had red striped flanelette PJ's that gave me cause to wash red brown purple things together. I doubt they stopped leaking colour for a lot of washes.

When I made dgd's cotton crochet quilt I wanted a different brown and dyed the brown squares. Also a few other things I thought I would like to have brown. I now have 2 pairs of light orange socks. Just lovely. :? Not a great deal they match though. :lol:
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

I'm thinking of some projects I'd like to do but they are going on a fall project list for now. A purse but that's been foiled so a do over on this one. Just in case it fails again I found one at a thrift shop to carry in the mean time! LOL! :roll:

Some weaving w/ grand kids this summer one the smaller table loom is a possibility.
Prayer shawl in a fun yellow and blue/green yarn I spotted while shopping.
Puppets for another pre-school in a church we are currently attending.

Okay that's enough for now and all that's on my list. I need some supplies for these so hoping to find that at yard sales or thrift shops!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Added the red to this quilt because DGS has one red wall in his room. Other DGS (bunk bed) will also need to have some red. Hard to think I'd have to give up those accents. I will rewash both red materials first this time.

Nancy, I have a purse I'd like to do also. Mine is still good except for one strap which is starting to fray. Who knows when I'd get to it. I would just copy the one I have, it works so well for me.

All of the sky in my quilt is now quilted. If I ever saw a sky like this with so many intricate clouds all over I'd head for shelter. I got tired of doing curved lines and in the last block up in the corner I did the bottom part of a puffy cloud with long lines for rain; it looks real to me. I'm working on the sea shell border. I have the one side all the way to the top.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 30, 2012 9:39 pm

I just finished up the prayer shawl in blue and green and celery green today yea just in time for a new month. I have an all blue one going and cranberry colored one also so I do not have a lack of projects. :mrgreen:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Nancy, I like all those colors you mentioned. I'll bet they're pretty.

I have repositioned my quilt for the last time on the rack. I am working on the sand. I have all the water borders done, and the sandcastle is quilted. There is a bunch left to do, but I have to find some physical and mental energy before I tackle it. groan....I am so behind now. My hope of getting all these done is fading away...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 pm

You need a break after this one, Harmony. A couple weeks just forgetting about it until a completely new concept starts to get you interested in another quilt. Some people would take a break now, throw a sheet over the work and get started on shopping for supplies for the next quilt, getting back to the frame when they'd enjoyed that for a while. However, you are not all that sidetrackable - would that actually cause you stress?

I like that blue-green color scheme too, Nancy.

Return to “The Creative Home”