*** Holiday Planning, 2012 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: *** Holiday Planning, 2012 ***

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Here it is, ellyphant! How smart! What colors did you use?

http://www.ajscraftroom.com/2011/12/14/ ... entwreath/

Btw, if anyone wants to share a link using their choice of words instead of the net-address, such as another link to ellyphant's wreath , like that :) , here's how:

[url=
(then put in the net address)
]
(then put in your choice of words)
[/url]

and leave no spaces.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I have a grape vine wreath with roses on it up and I've added white Christmas lights to it put it on the timer for the darker days in a spot that needed a bit more light.

Kids craft ideas have been swimming around in my head so I was able to capture them before they got away! Yea!

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks, Harriet, for those good directions. Yep, that's it! I used all colors--red, blue, green, gold, and silver. Made a big bow with bright yellow ribbon, which sounds weird, but it should show up well against my red door. Also, I only had breakable Christmas balls, so that is what I used. Can't wait to hang it up after Thanksgiving.

Nancy, your wreath sounds very pretty!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

In the Chicago area (the Ray rayner show and since then) this video plus hardrock coco and Joe played for the holidays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0t_tadZJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKGonDIq8gw hardrock coco and Joe

this saturday is the magnificent mile parade of lights with mickey mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG3zSgm ... =endscreen charlie brown
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I got the examples of the Holiday SS crafts to the leader heading up that project this week.

Planning for Easter and spring going on here as well I'm planting bulbs.
Some are red that I've sorted out and they might be used for Christmas decor.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 am

I finished a black and white slouch beanie to give DD when she comes on Thanksgiving.

Next, I'll crochet our Dson a forest green hat done in slip stitches for a "knitted" look.

After that, I'll crochet a stuffed cat for grson-18-months and a stuffed dog for grson-3.5.

Then, Christmas crochet will be done, but I found a neat spiral scarf I'm thinking about making. I shouldn't because I have baby girl crochet to do and get done by Christmas, so I can give it all to Ddil/Dson at Christmastime. I can always save the spiral scarf for after the baby girl gifts are finished. I have one off-white afghan trimmed in pink and a pink hat done, currently.

I want the house to be spic 'n' span clean before Thanksgiving. Only DD is coming. I'm not sure about dgrson-16 because he might go to his dad's to celebrate with relatives and he enjoys seeing his cousins. DD won't come if she's ill or if it's stormy. There will be occasional winds on Thanksgiving and rain, so I don't know at this time if she's still planning on coming or not.

We usually decorate immediately after Thanksgiving, to get in the "festive" spirit earlier. :idea: I don't know if we'll do this again this year or what.

DH and I talked about what we're giving each other for Christmas; I'm giving him $$ to go buy some crew neck shirts because I'm having to mend 3 of his old ones. 1 is mended; 2 to go. He's been thinking of giving me a Barnes & Noble gift card because I love to read and journal. :D :D It's fun to look forward, to plan, and get excited.

The pen pal Christmas cards go out tomorrow, but DH and I decided to send family and friends' cards out on the1st or 3rd of December. :idea:

Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I made a collage with vintage-looking Valentine's that I got at the thrift store. Glued them to a 16X20 cardboard and put that in a frame (also bought at thrift store for next to nothing). Wrong holiday, I know, but had to share what fun I had playing with glue! Hung it in a spot where I will enjoy looking at it no matter what season!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

I've bagged up lights that I'll not be using to go elsewhere.
Counting that for progress.

I've reclaimed the kitchen counters and the dining table yea! Plus have installed clean table cloth on it. Yippie K-i-aya!!!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

LOL, I think that's great to know you have the February holiday decor ideas at the ready, ellyphant! Love vintage cards and things.

I bought on ebay vintage stickers, circa 1960 for a few dollars. This happens to be the exact little pack that my dmother's best friend was using when she taught me so carefully how to wrap gifts when I got to spend the night at her house at about age 6. She had bought them at Roses, if anyone remembers that chain of 5 and dime. She probably spent 2 hours wrapping all her presents and letting me help with each one, showing me how to fold in the corners. And we would put a little sticker on a plain paper and write the name.

Couldn't believe it when glancing on ebay for seals for the card envelopes I saw those very ones. Only 50 years since I've seen them, but recognized them immediately.

Made out the gift list.

Found several gift ideas of books on Amazon. Am "sleeping on that" a while.

Did buy envelope seals plus some cute bows.

Bought one more gift of a set of Berenstin Bears books.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

bought 3 xmas presents today (need to wrap them)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Creative Home”