*** Holiday Planning, 2012 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: *** Holiday Planning, 2012 ***

Postby Ivy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am

I finished our 3.5 yr. old grson's C'mas afghan and have 9 rows to go on 18-mo.-old's afghan for C'mas and it'll be done, too.

I'll do each toddler grandson a stuffed toy: cat for the youngest; dog for the 3.5 yr. one.

I want to make some slouch hats for DD,to give her 1 on Thanksgiving, keep 1 for myself, and maybe make DD's BFriend a striped slouch hat, since he's a musician. :idea: :!: :)

Was thinking about making DSon a DC vertical rows crocheted hat with a DC horizontal rows scarf, so he has a little "something". We're giving money as gifts, but I'm crocheting everybody a little something extra.

After the slouch hats are done, I'm going to crochet for our FIRST EVER BABY GRANDDAUGHTER DUE THE FIRST OF MARCH!!!!!! Gee. Is Gma excited or what!?!? :lol: :lol:

After that, I'd like to finish my shawl, finish my Granny afghan, and start a Granny striped afghan for myself to use up my stash so I can get rid of bins of yarn here and there. I want to see floor space! :!: :idea: :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:50 pm

if anyone wants the SHE pam and peggy holiday cd : http://www.makeitfunanditwillgetdone.co ... -holidays/

bought dmom another present as I gave her the perfume but they may (games from Germany) not come in until Christmas or after
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

*~*~* Holiday Planning, 2012 *~*~*

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I can see progress H. ordered his own gift a knife engraved it came yesterday! We can use it to cut up these pumpkins and squash here so I can cook them!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I attended the Christmas Show here - don't know how to describe how big it is - oh, thought to look it up online, and there were 133,500 attendees last year (over seven or more days, of course, but many people go back again). It says in the high 600s of vendors, which I don't believe can be right because the booths number way over 2,000, but maybe some vendors take up 2 or 3 booth spaces, or more. In fact, I guess they do because some have stick-built rooms.

Anyway, the point of going was really to get ideas and enjoy a day with dd14. I thought I would especially look for gift wrap ideas, but although there were demonstrations, it was with very metallic, or hard-to-the-touch supplies this year, shiny. And that's not my favorite. I did buy one gift, but it was for a child, which isn't much to brag on, since children are the easiest to buy for and I can do that anywhere. You do get into the Christmas spirit there, with dollhouse contests and toy trains going.

That brings my tally up to 3 Christmas gifts bought.

I got a few crafting/art ideas and will post in A, C, and N.

blessed, was that you who told P and P that you've enjoyed the Christmas audio every year? :D I know you have loved yours.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Hubby brought home another huge wall calendar from work. I told him he could put that one in the tool room!

I have gotten a few things out of the Holiday bins like the Christmas quilt to use with the cold snap we are having :idea: here it seemed like a great time to get that out!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 am

I am sorry the "craft" show wasn't a craft show but a business show. And great job on having 3 Christmas gifts to give to you loved ones!!! d harriet.
The Christmas spirit was a good gift to get at the show!

enjoy that Christmas blanket on those cold days d nancy

I am making dh a months of little envelopes $1.06 in each one... dh goes every morning (he is thin) to dunkin donuts for one type of donut every day... so for his stocking I thought it would be a nice gift.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Harriet they have one of those at the collage not to far from here and it is SO noisy and crowded I did not enjoy it so did not go back.

We got turkey breast at the store for holiday fare yesterday.
I got a banner to hang up and am working on putting the string and dowel in it at the right length I need to move a nail also.

Got a new larger 12 c. coffee pot 12 would have been better.
Stores were very busy yesterday.

Some party hats for dgds bday.
Some Bible match playing cards too.
A toy stocking stuffer type things.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 am

great job dnancy!!!

dd bought her present for her d sister for Christmas (tevana)
and came up with a couple more ideas.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm

WTG Blessed and every one!

I re-hung a holiday banner and wreath with lights on it yesterday testing out a light timer it worked. Yea!

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

I've been feeling "crafty", so I made a Christmas wreath over the weekend. Don't know how to post a link...but if you go to youtube and then aj"s craft shop, you can see it. It's the "Dollar Store" wreath. I didn't have to buy a thing...had the coat hanger and ornaments and ribbon for a bow. You just bend the hanger into a circle, untwist the top, and thread the balls on. It took about 60. Then twist the wire back together and add a bow to hide the hanger at the top. Can't wait to use my creation...although it is more oval than round! Proud of myself!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “The Creative Home”