Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2012

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am

That scarf is done rolling on the edges so I'm thinking what else I want to do with it! :idea: I have a few ideas!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 pm

The 2012 Christmas Ornaments that DH and I made for our Dkids and DGDs. We include a check with each one and we are done with Christmas. No need to check sizes, wonder what they want or if they have to return it. Pay to the Order always fits. :lol: :roll: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm

/\ /\ /\ /\ MT that is my imitation of clapping. Those are such wonderful gifts. You and your dh are so creative. Your kids and grandkids are very lucky recipients of these gifts that they can treasure for a lifetime.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm

MT, Those are really pretty and nice! :!: :)

I finished the dog last night. He took all day to do, but he's cute. If you go to:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com

And click on Toys, then Animals, then on the link for Dogs, it'll take you to a page where it will say, on the left, "Booker the Funmigurumii Dog". I don't have anything to post pictures on-line with and this is the best way that I can "show" you the dog. He's a cutie! ;)

Happy Crafting to Everybody! :D

From Harriet - I am actually going to edit Ivy's post (Hi, everybody) and insert the direct link to her pattern for Booker the Dog. He's super cute, Ivy, much more colorful than I thought he would be. A child would grab him up for sure. I had a hard time navigating to find him so when I did I figured I'd better capture the link.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh, Harriet! :!: Thank you so MUCH for being able to figure that all out, because I just don't know where to start! I'm glad you posted it, so others can see "Booker"{, too. He took so many hours of work!

I really appreciate your hard work, on capturing the link, [color=#4000BF]Harriet!
:D

I think I might take some time off from crocheting, unless I get this overwhelming drive to crochet for our granddaughter. :idea: [/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Finally catching enough time to tell Emptynester thanks so much for letting us in on the creativity that's been going on in your life. Boy, a picture is worth a thousand words because now I get what you were saying about these. Ornaments crafted to last a lifetime are a joy. These are especially beautiful and imaginative.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 am

Beautiful, MT. You and dh are so creative and talented!!

I didn't see a toy option on that web site, Ivy. . . I'll look again.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am

Oh, I found him, Ivy! You have to click on free pattern directory first. He is super cute! I hadn't thought he'd be so colorful. I might share that web site with ds who happens to have a crochet hobby, when he has time. He crocheted a small dog (brown and white) last summer. . . . Yes, I typed that correctly - my son. ;)

--Oh, now I see that Harriet put in a direct link to the dog.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 am

I am making the scarf bigger trying to learn a bit of color changing and picking up stitches on this project added some red yesterday and forest green on the other side of the off white :idea: turning it in to a prayer shawl maybe.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh my you guys are so talented! I love the ornaments, they look like a lot of work! The dog is adorable. Ivy, did you make yours just like that with all those colors? Very cute!

Well, my last quilt is done. I won't say how long I was up last night finishing it, but it's all done. I finished sewing the binding on this morning,then I made the label and sewed that on. I put one of the fish on the left of the label, and did the lettering on white.

I used my synthropol and washed the beach quilt. Maybe I didn't need to, some red was just on the edges of the white square in the lighthouse. What I discovered was that the white backing and the white pieces in the pattern are transparent a little bit when they are wet. I thought some blue was onto the back, but when it was dry I didn't see any color on it. But anyway, I hand-washed in the bathtub, then I rinsed and spun in the washer twice. It came out very nice, though a little more wrinkled than it started out. Anyway, now I don't need to worry about the dyes.

Still need to take those pictures. Gotta do that tomorrow. I'd have that done but need DH's help with the camera.

Return to “The Creative Home”