Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2012

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2012

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:59 am

Hi! :D I made this dress in solid yellow medium shade soft yarn for the Princess Baby Girl. ;) It's at:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/angel-wings-pinafore.html

I made this "Candy Corn Newborn Hat" out of soft yarns, in these colors, too, at:

http://peanutzmomspatternplace.blogspot.com/

I made the same pattern the other day in white, mint green, and yellow. The cone hat looks so stylish and adorable! :D

Just wanted to "share". ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Emptynester ~ Those ornaments are fabulous, thanks for the photos!

Ivy ~ Love the little dog. Thanks to Harriet for the link.

Harmony ~ Congratulations on finishing the last quilt. I'm in awe of how quickly you were able to do those. Do you have any photos to share?

Nancy ~ I still appreciate that you make it a priority to do something creative every day.

Alas, my sewing machine is still in its case since the retreat I went to in mid-October. :cry: I'll need to set it up soon, though, to do some alterations. I bought 2 pair of warm slacks at a consignment shop that I can't wear until I fix them.

One pair needs to be hemmed -- I think the first time in my *life* that I'm having to shorten pant legs. I guess they were meant to be worn with really high heels?

The other pair is 2-3 sizes too large in the waist and hips, but I'm pretty sure I can alter the way tailors take in men's pants, at the center back seam. I bought them because they're a nice washable wool, straight leg style that is classic. I'm trying to change up from wearing jeans all the time, plus the wool will be warmer than denim.

I'm delaying pulling out the machine, though, until after I do some more dejunking. I'm on a roll with getting stuff out of the house, and don't want to stop that progress by being sidetracked into more fun sewing. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Booksaver, They seem to be making pants longer in the legs, I think, because so many people where high heels and boots. :idea:

I'm glad you liked the little dog. ;)

I'll crochet for baby girl later today again, some ballet slippers and tube socks. Then, I'll think over other things or will wait until after Christmas Eve. We need to clean for Christmas Eve. :idea: But I can organize what I want to make with what colors of yarn, too. I have picked out patterns to use.

Good luck with your sewing, Booksaver.

Happy Crafting to Everybody today, too! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Ivy, I must look at your links when I have more time.
Booksaver, thanks, but I didn't do those quilts fast. I put an insane amount of hours at my sewing machine and my quilt rack. Because I got started on the last one so late, I stayed up till 3 or 4 in the morning for a week working on it. I'll never do that again!

We took pictures this morning. Not easy, I couldn't hold them up, too big; we tried going up a ladder, taking pics from up there, with it laid out on the floor. But the best was clothespinning them to the sliding glass door curtain. I will share after Christmas. DD2 knows this website. I don't want to spoil the surprise, though I doubt she'd have time to look in on us...... and it will take me a while to figure out how to get them posted. I'm not good at that.

Hmm, I'm thinking, she's not a member, she couldn't see them anyway.. well I don't have the time right now...

But at least they are in the camera.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Booksaver thanks for saying that!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I'll be crocheting on our baby granddaughter's clothes this evening, Mary Jane's and ballet slippers, tube socks and things. I'll try to keep to the color scheme of the one all-yellow set and other all-lavender set. Then I'll add white here and there to match anything, like a white bonnet, etc...

After Christmas is over, I want to start making cards, study my quilt books, to learn how to lap quilt, and will try to teach myself how to scrap book, too. I just feel like using doing creative things as an escape for my work as a writer. Doing creative things helps relax me and my neatest ideas come to me when I'm relaxes. I want to start blessing others with my hand made cards, too. Sort of as a ministry. :idea: I think it means a lot to people to receive something hand made, which took time to make. It's relaxing, too. :idea:

scattered

Postby scattered » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 am

Ugh I am really in a crunch now, 2 days to get these done.

I am going to make the throw Blanket next... hoping it won't take more than 2 hours.

Craft ToDo/TaDa
:D Flannel hoodie for Mother (still need to alter it a little but all in all it is done)
:D Fleece Hoodie for DS13
:D Fleece Hoodie for DS20
Fleece Throw Blanket for DSF19
Slippers for DP/BFF
Slippers for DP/BFF's DstepS
XMas aprons
denim Aprons
Vase Candle for DP/BFF
pebble candles (this will be an experiment)

BBS
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." — William James

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:09 pm

I hope you got everything done, Scattered! :D

It's Christmas Day and I have the satisfaction of knowing I got everything made, but now it's on to more baby girl crochet. I'm going to crochet a striped yellow and pink baby cocoon and crochet a white flower to put on it, too. :)

I have some more caps and tube socks I want to make, ballet slippers and Mary Jane's, too. I've printed up so many patterns that my binder runneth over! :oops: Ddil loved looking through my binder of baby girl patterns, too. :)

I'm also going to make myself some little scrubbies, which are make-up removers. I'll wash them in a lingerie bag so none get caught in the plumbing. :idea:

Also, some time in Jan. I want to make myself a slouch hat and a spiral scarf, too. :idea: I think the two would look so nice together.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm

I found out today how DD is wearing more and more scarves, so my idea is to surprise her with a handmade crocheted scarf one of these days- when I'm not crocheting baby girl things. :idea: Also, I gave DD a peach knitted scarf I didn't care for, which she loved, today while she was here chatting about scarves and the different types she has a prefers. Long ones, to wrap around her neck and hang down.

I had a good thing happen to me today. Ddil emailed me, to break the news to me, how the tube socks I've been making for the last 2 babies, don't stay up, they come off and she doesn't want to see me use my good baby yarn for tube socks, which aren't working out at all. I told her THANK YOU so much for telling me because I'd been making them for other babies, too! I'm so glad somebody loved and respected me enough to be HONEST to let me know! :D

Tomorrow I'll try to resume baby crochet again. My arm had been injured, so I've been giving it a rest for several days, although I use it in housework, laundry, etc.... I'm looking forward to start out with a striped cocoon. I had printed it up, Ddil saw it and fell in LOVE ♥ with it! :D I'm looking towards putting a box of baby items together to ship between Jan. 14/Mon. - Jan. 18/Fri. :idea: It gives me a good focus for the day and something to do when I'm in front of the TV chatting with DH. :) And it's constructive, too. ;) Crocheting for a new life coming in to the world is such a happy thing to do! :D

Return to “The Creative Home”