Art, Craft and Needlework, February, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, February, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks, Ellyphant! the dress turned out so cute! :D

I never finished even 1 kitchen mat, but I started a Dfriend's dishcloth. I'd like to give her 4 - 5 for her May b-day. However now, my heart beckons me to do some dgd crochet because she'll be coming home in 7 - 10 days. At least if everything continues to progress for her, the way they are right now, she'll be coming home. I'd like to make her a couple of halters and hats for summer, a couple of sun dresses, maybe a jumper, and fun things. I printed up a cute short-sleeved pullover sweater with a nice stitch, which I like. There are so many things, it's hard to know where to start, but first things first: I'll get out a "girlie" gift bag. Haven't been able to use girlie gift bags for the dgsons. :lol: This will be a special treat for gma! :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:45 pm

http://scratchandpeck.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-draw-chicken.html A blog on how to draw a chicken. I've been doing more art lately less with yarn.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

I sent that straight on to dd14, Nancy.

Hope you and Ivy both continue to enjoy your crochet projects.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm

This is the art how to book I got earlier in the month Harriet your dd might enjoy this.
http://www.zentangle.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=99

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm working on a mint-colored dress with an Empire waistline and short-sleeved. The skirt's trimmed in pico edging, I'll do that to the short sleeves, too, and will add a silk flower or something to "jazz" it up. I found some mint speckled yarns in two 8-oz. skeins, which match the dress. I'd love to make a matching cardigan, a hat or bonnet, diaper cover with fanny ruffles, :P a pair of pants. She'd have mix 'n' match clothes, to make different outfits then. :idea:

Dgd will be coming home (Ddil says) in about 8 - 10 days, so when she does, we'll take a day-trip up bearing crocheted gifts. Also, dgs-15 3/4 turns 16 in March, so if dgd is home about the same time, we'll take his b-day gift up, too. :idea: I look forward to holding dgd in my arms for the first time. ♥ Crocheting for her is awesome, too. I've never crocheted a baby girl dress until dgd came along. She turns 2 months old on March 8. :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “The Creative Home”