Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 pm

I went to Joann Fabric's today; we had fun looking for fabric I found flannel 60% off! :mrgreen: got a remnant for a play pen size receiving blanket 50% off and dgd had to have one too I made her's crib size. We were sewing today she played with the fabric scraps and I hemmed these pieces. She likes hers so well she wanted to take it home with her :idea: I told her only if she traded me one to keep here for it!

I ran out of white thread so will have to go back for some of that.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh, Nancy! What fun! It's amazing, sometimes, the great sales that Joann's has! It's super that dgd wanted to help, too, and it's nice granny duty things to do with her. :D

Has anyone ever made one of those curly-Q scarves yet? :?: I printed a couple patterns up for 2, but have other "irons in the fire" right now, so haven't attempted one yet. I DO believe, years ago, when I crocheted some red yarn hair ponytail ties called "worms", it's along the same idea, where you just do a LOT of DC in 1 stitch, continue the chain the same and it curls on you. So it MUST be easy, like the worms were. :idea:

I read that if you're not getting a project done, if it's frustrating you, it's time to "switch tasks" and do something else for awhile, which rejuvenates your creativity and makes you happy again. :D :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Here is the wire wrap that I did this morning. We start out with a cab, 3 pieces of wire, (twist one of them) and a wrap wire. Three or 4 hours later you are blind but you have a pretty bauble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 pm

lovely mt!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Emptynester ~ Very pretty!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Wow, MT, you did a good job with that!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Dd14 came over to look, and is very impressed, Emptynester. She says she couldn't do nearly that well and can see why you went blind in 3 hours, lol. The one twisted wire certainly does give added interest, doesn't it? I was wondering what the tiny square beads are. You did the curlicues so perfectly!

Do you plan on taking more classes?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Emptynester! :D That is so beautiful! Wow! You do such wonderful work! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I've been meaning and meaning to crochet myself some new facecloths, to retire the old ones into stacks underneath sinks with cleaning spray bottles, so I regularly spritz up and clean bathroom, kitchen, and utility room counters, etc...! :idea:

But I get sidetracked! :roll: Sound familiar? :lol: I must get to them, I need them, I have pretty colors, the patterns, yarn, etc... K just am not jumping in to pamper myself and be good to me! :idea: I think the time is soon-coming where I'm going to JUST DO IT! :!: :!: :!:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 pm

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Here are photos of 3 masks dd14 painted to-order quick-quick for the librarian/sponsor directing the students in their play project the other day. The 3 actors for whom she needed masks were a Ninja warrior, a bird (bird-man?) and some cartoonish figure - not sure. I think everyone had a lot of fun seeing how fast they could throw together a theater production that was a lot of ad-lib and improvisation. Other art students did scenery, provided props, etc. We ended up giving rides to a theater-arts student, too.

2MasksSmall2013.JPG

1Mask2013.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Beautiful, MT.

Great job, Harriet's Dd, very creative!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “The Creative Home”