Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harmony

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2013

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm

That is beautiful, MT. I have a couple things Sunny made me, wire wrapped; she and her DH used to do a bit of that. What kind of stone is it?

Oooh, Harriet, I like the masks too. Your DD is so talented!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Harriet, those masks are so unique!

I finally finished crocheting a washcloth. I'll try to do some more today. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Well, here goes! This is a crocheted American Girl doll dress made for my neice. The skirt is adapted from a Barbie pattern for an 1876 debutante ball gown. The bodice is from a pattern for an 1864 debutante ball gown. There should be two pictures.

ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Wow, ELIZABETH, that is gorgeous! Your niece is lucky. My grown DD still has her American Girl doll, Molly.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Oh my goodness, Elizabeth, that is beautiful!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Thank you for posting these pictures, Elizabeth. The dress is beautiful and I love that color of blue. Your dniece will be thrilled to receive such a special gift.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am

OOOoooo, I love it when we get photos here. Especially when it's an art I don't know about much, like beading and doll-clothes-making.

What I find so great about this dress, Elizabeth, is that you figured out how to create a bodice for this size doll by considering a Barbie-size pattern. That must have been a puzzle, but you pulled it off beeeeautifully.

Creativity is good for the brain! The more you have to furrow your brow to figure something out, the better! :lol:

Oh, I feel smarter already.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 am

Here is the Barbie pattern for the 1876 debutante ballgown. The skirt was the basis of the American Girl skirt.

Harriet: I wish I could claim to have scaled the bodice from this pattern to the American Girl dress. That bodice was taken from an AG pattern.

ScreenShot003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Elizabeth! :!:Did you crochet this Barbie dress? :?: It's gorgeous and so lovely, the colors are beautiful, too, the style is wonderful.

Oh, I have 2 Barbies and the Scooby Doo guy, called Scruffy, I believe, and the doggie, too. I bought 2 pattern envelopes for fabric clothes, have tiny snaps, small elastic, scraps, and some internet crochet Barbie clothes, too. It's my "secret" thing, to bring out my bin, from beneath our bed, to "play" and just change their clothes and feel like a girl again. :oops: I have so much fun and now I have a dgd to play Barbies with, once she gets old enough. :idea: :) Thanks for sharing the Barbie dress.

I'm crocheting on a baby washcloth, but this is for MY face, to cleanse with in the p.m. and a.m. It's a simple pattern:

Ch 21, DC, sc in 2nd ch, sk 1 ch, 1sc, 1dc in next ch, repeat across, ch 1, turn, sk 1st sc, 1 sc, 1 dc in next dc, across, and go for 15 rows. They say SC around, with 2 sc in corners, then join, finish off. Attach CC color, do reverse SC, which they say is also called the "crab stitch". Anyway, it's a nice weave and I love the feel of the weave, so it'll be soft on my face, too. It's a Ravelry pattern, PDF so there is no link listed on the pattern paper, so I just wrote it out from memory here. I hope that's okay. It's probably a universal pattern anyway, as I've made it before, only the 1 SC, 1DC go into the SC across, skipping the DC's. Crochet's so relaxing! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello & Happy Weekend to one & all! :D

I just cannot "contain" myself! :lol: I received my new crochet book from B 'n' N in the mail today. The title is: 101 Projects from Crocheters Around the World - Crochet One-Skein Wonders,", Edited by Judith Durant & Edie Eckman. I'm very impressed because the book it in order of the finest tiniest yarns up to bulky weight in those separate categories. Thin/skinny/light/thread up to the larger yarns. It's such a cool idea to arrange a book like that. The projects are so lovely. I'm so happy I ordered this book. I'm amazed, truly. :D 286 pages, including the Appendix pages at the end. What a beautiful book. I'm so excited. Can you tell? :P The editors did an amazing job, so for you crocheters out there, if you want to see a great book with wonderful one-skein projects, this is the book for you!

Oh! :!: My freshly bleached sheets are ready to dry! Gotta go dry them and start another load of laundry! Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Return to “The Creative Home”