Art. Craft and Needlework for May, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art. Craft and Needlework for May, 2013

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am

What inspiration are you finding this month? Any new techniques to learn or colors to try?

Creativity makes the world go 'round! How are you encouraging yours?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art. Craft and Needlework for May, 2013

Postby Nancy » Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm

I am nearly done knitting the white section on the current team sports color throw I'm doing, and I'm looking forward to getting to the next color soon!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 pm

I must-must-must :!: get 1 potholder mate done for a dfriend's b-day by Fri. the 3rd. I want to deliver her a PAIR of potholders and the hot pad. I've only gotten the 1 potholder and 1 hot pad made. I'll phone her this evening, when I've got her gift wrapped to find a good time to bring it over to her. :idea:

Also, I need to start Megan's 6-months tops, cardigans, halters, tanks, and shoulder ties tunics, etc... :idea:

Then, there are 3 Christmas gift afghans, done in a woven stitch, in crochet, I've got the yarn/pattern out for, which I'd like to get started on, too.

But I've got a 5/17 deadline for work..... :o
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Ivy sending you creative vibe & energy!

I've done the white and now on to the next color. Watched the knitting show and learned about new ways to do increase yea for learning creative stuff!

Dgd said when she found a water color paint with water book and primary note book. I asked if she did it at the other granny's 'no she I want "to do art" at your house'. :mrgreen: [The other granny takes her to art / painting classes some times.]

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Nancy! :D THANKS! :!: I finished the 1-hour potholder in an hour, exactly! :lol: I put it in the box that Dfriend gave me my last b-day gifts in. I used her tissue paper,too. I wrapped the gift box with free butterfly-theme gift paper sent to me free from a charity. I signed hers and our names on a butterfly "to & from" sticker stuck on the wrapped gift. I then took something I've had for years, which I didn't want to give to any old person who would not appreciate it! :lol: It was organza :?: ribbon with a matching fasten-on organza white rose. The pkg. looks like a professional wrapped it! :!: :D It's so pretty! My Dfriend loves pretty things, she's very feminine, gets her nails, hair done, etc... So this gift with the matching kitchen colors in her home will fit in perfectly. 2 potholders and 1 hot pad. She cooks and bakes a lot, too! So it's a great idea! :idea: I'm so glad I have this project behind me. I phoned, left a message on their machine, about when would be the best day for them to deliver it, too. :D

Thanks for the good vibes, Nancy! ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 am

I started a pullover 6 - 9 months size sweater for Megan today. I'm only on row two. I'm using Caron Brites for the main body and the fake sleeves, which makes it look like the layered look, will be white. It's so cute! I might make her another one in different colors, too. :idea:

My dfriend loved the one-hour potholders in grey, black & white and the hot pad in variegated dalmatian and white. She raved about the set and told me how she saves things I make her for the most special occasions like parties and Christmas. She's always looking forward to getting my "nice things" out. :D It made me feel so honored and so GOOD inside! :!:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 am

I did get some progress on the knitting throw I"m doing and am on the home stretch of it now. Yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 08, 2013 12:49 am

I picked out some internet patterns for Megan's tops and will be making a yarn-buying trip in the days to come, sometime. The patterns I picked were adorable ones, too. Vests, pullovers, cardis, etc... :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Knitted throw is done. I've started another knitted project a bag I think.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Nancy, You did a good thing by finishing your knitting project and plans for a new one. :D

I put the patterns, printed off the internet, on a clipboard, which came with me to Joann's Fabrics & Crafts. I leafed through the patterns, while we picked out the yarns for 6-months sizes Baby Megan projects. It worked out very well, to be organized like this. When I got home, I put yarns into various totes, still have the same patterns on the clipboard, which is a good idea. ;) :idea:

Return to “The Creative Home”