Art, Craft and Needlework, June, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June, 2013

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I've made 1 potholder for Art now. The black, white, & red looked like red, white & blue! :roll: I changed grey for the white, which makes it more manly and now the black looks BLACK and not navy! :) It turned out well. I'll try to do the next 1 tonight or in the a.m.
Then, I'll start the mitered dishtowel, which I'm converting from a mitered dishcloth pattern. Will just add rows to make it larger, and will add a loop at the top, too. :idea:
If three is enough yarns leftover, I'd sure love ♥ to make him a few mitered dishcloths, to complete the sets! :D He's so special and I want him to have something very special for his 93rd b-day. He's worth it, especially since he offered to do pencil portraits of family photos or whatever I wanted. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 pm

I crocheted for Art today and finished everything, which are in 2 mailers to post Monday. :D I did:
1- 1 mitered hanging dishtowel
2- 1 mitered hanging dishcloth
3- 1 pair of potholders/hot pads
Everything's red, grey & black. Very manly colors. His dishes are black & red.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:23 am

I did manage to get a few min. of knitting in and finished up the last of the first ball of chunky grey yarn and start the last one on this scarf project.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:22 pm

DH went to the local satellite P. O. 1.5 miles from our home, to mail 2 mailers of crocheted stuff off, but the clerk couldn't get her printer to work, even after she put a new cartridge in. :roll: DH asked me if he should drive 10 miles into town to the main P. O., but I wasn't feeling well so asked him to stay with me. He'll try to ship them off tomorrow, so if the local P. O.'s printer's still outta-whack, then he'll take it into town.

I found out last night, once I finished my project, how I only have a tiny bit of red P 'n' C kitchen cotton yarn on 1 1-Lbs. cone. I'm thinking, since this is the case, I'll "improvise" and edge in colors, which can be traded, like white, black, forest green, ecru, and also, there's no written-in-stone rule you cannot make something all 1 color and edge it in the same color, too. :idea:

I'm trying to slowly use up my yarn stash, so I have more storage room. :idea: It's nice to see the 1-Lb. cones slowly dwindle down. I love to go to Joann's or Walmart to see new cone colors and usually pick up something new or replace a color I'm now out of or will be out of soon. It's like buying a candy bar. I don't NEED it, but I WANT it. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 pm

While I was making Art, 93 tomorrow, his kitchen set, I got so excited about making things for a couple of couples we know, for Christmas. But now, just 3 days later, can I REMEMBER what the idea was? :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :oops: :o NOPE! I just CAN'T! :lol:

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:06 am

Here is a silly and fun project I finished tonight:
SteeringWheelCover.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Creative Home”