Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Nancy, those sound like great projects! :D

I received 3 Lbs. of yarn, each in a different color, for the young dgrands' Christmas afghans today. I had the dgd afghan already started, but needed some more colors for the 2 dgrsons. I'll be working on afghans, when I am bored or want to eat, so I'll crochet instead of eating. I'd love to be finished by Thanksgiving, if I can be. They're single large one Granny square afghans, where the Granny square's in the center and you go around and around.

Somebody told me that 42 rows was a good size for a baby/toddler afghan, I believe she said. She also said counting the rows by hand, over and over, was good exercise for the mind keeping sharper. She's a nurse. I'll play it by "ear". If 42 is too large for dgd, she'll be 11 months old in December, I'll make hers smaller. But if 42 rows seems too small for the youngest 3 grands, I'll make them larger. :idea: The colors are:
1- pink, lavender, deep purple baby dgd.
2- grey-blue, royal blue, pastel baby blue for the 2.5 year old.
3- red, black & white for the 4.5 year old.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “The Creative Home”