Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, July, 2013

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 pm

How do you crochet if your shoulders are bothering you? :roll: :?: Just make sure you ice first, then make sure your elbows are supported by arms on chairs, and don't work over 20-30 minutes? :?: :?: :?: Those are the only ideas I can come up with, based on the experiences of others. :idea: Do my ideas sound good? :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:53 pm

I believe that "Baby-Steps" is the best approach and not overdoing it for too long of a session. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 am

I did a few rows of crochet on the grey project I have going.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm currently crocheting on some kitchen mats. I'd measured the sizes months ago, but lost the paper, :roll: so DH and I re-measured last night, to his specifications. I have 4 mats to do. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm

I crocheted on a kitchen mat today. I put the baby dgd's afghan away, to try to work on it after kitchen mats are done. :idea:

OR- if I get tired of the kitchen mats, which are in a variegated color, HDC across, I might take a "break" to work on dgd's afghan in a big square Granny square in lavender, white, and pink. ♥ ;)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am

I got a few rows worked on the crocheting project I have going thinking it might be a great tote.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I finished 1 mat for the kitchen last night. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:45 pm

I started another mat today, but with all the decluttering commotion and doing laundry, etc... I haven't gotten much done on it. It'll be great pick-up work, while the grandsons are visiting, while I chat with them. Once the kitchen mats are done, I'll try to see if there is enough yarn leftover to make myself a mitered hanging dishtowel for my hook to the left of the country corner sink. DH uses the right side hook for the dishtowel, which dries pans, etc...

After the mats are done, I'd sure love to do more on baby dgd's Christmas afghan in a Granny square of pink, lavender, and white. :idea: Also,I have so many of those colors, in 1-Lb. skeins, I'm thinking about making myself a Granny lap robe to match dgd's afghan. So we'll be twins, even though we're several miles apart. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm still plugging along at the mats.

I got a $25 Joann's gift card, ordered 3 Lbs. of Caron yarn on sale, paid for the shipping/tax, for the toddlers' Christmas one-big-Granny afghans.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 pm

I moved yarns around to make room for the new colors coming via mail for the toddler dgrsons' Christmas afghans. No crocheting today. But am planning. :idea:

Return to “The Creative Home”