Art, Craft and Needlework, September, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, September, 2013

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 pm

I was trying to think up a new pattern in my head, so I thought I'd post it here, from my head, to see what any of you thought about it. It's just an "idea" so far. :idea:

Take yarn, make a Granny square, go around it on row 2, with HDC in each DC from row 1/center, then do 2HDC, ch-2, 2HDC in each corner and HDC in each DC center Granny around.

Then, ch-2, HDC around with 2HDC-ch-2-2HDC in each corner.

I love the HDC stitch! ♥ And I felt if I HDC in each stitch around, it'll make a warmer afghan. This will be a winter project for myself, to use up my stash, for an afghan for myself, after the grands' afghans are done. :idea:

Does this sound like a nice pattern to any of you? :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Yay.
Ivy
, I got links in there now that will work for those last two sites you gave. I like the worms very much - yes, teenager-cute! The new pattern sounds nice because of the change from stitch to stitch. But I admit I might not be able to envision it well. What I like is that it is something you came up with, with creative thinking, so it's twice the fun.

Update on Elizabeth's State Fair entries - baby dragon won a 1st place and the sweater from her last photos won a 3rd!

I stopped by the side of the road and picked some wild rose petals, a darker periwinkle, and the petals of an odd daisy-like flower. All pressed, although I don't hold out much hope for rose petals, which are so curled. HRH teases me. "I can't take you anywhere. Don't you know pilfering petals is a misdemeanor?" :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:11 pm

so happy for Elizabeth!!!

today I bought a stocking kit for temporary adopted son so that at Christmas he has his own stocking. I will work on it when everyone is gone during the day so that it is a surprise
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Blessed, there is also a Christmas needlework thread here, too, on this page.

I crocheted a coaster for under my night guard container in the master bathroom and worked on an afghan, too.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 pm

My goal is to get to a bit of knitting
After a round or two in the kit. Area.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:07 pm

I found these 2 puppets at

http://www.redheart.com

called "Bear or Kitten Crocheted Mittens". OH! :lol: I thought they were PUPPETS! :oops: Well, they'll be either puppets OR mittens, depending on what dgrsons want to do with them. They're only getting 1 each.

I "wondered" why they were showing TWO puppets in the photos, too! :roll: :?: :oops: :lol: Nothing wrong with my mind! LOL!

Anyway, I believe they're very cute for puppets OR mittens! ;)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:25 pm

I have been working on a crochet poncho for dgd to go w a crocheted skirt turning out well so far yea!

Return to “The Creative Home”