****Holiday Planning, 2013****

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

****Holiday Planning, 2013****

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 pm

◈˛˚˛*˛°.˛*.˛°˛..☀.˛*˛°.˛*.˛°˛.*◈Holiday*◈* ◈*˛.♬
˛ °_██_*. ◈ * ./ ♥ \ .˛* .˛◈.˛.*.◈* Season Is*◈ ◈* ♭
˛. (´• ̮•)* .◈* /♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____.♥ On Its Way ♥ ˛* ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~◈*. ˛*.◈˛* ˛.*◈
* (...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬╬╬˛.‡ ‡ ‡ ‡‡ ‡ ‡ ‡╬╬╬╬╬*˚◈ .˛ ...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ****Holiday Planning, 2013****

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Yea for cooler temps.! For me I need to figure out a way to share e-book type stuff with others maybe gift cards I need to learn how to do that or get a special holiday account set up or re activated. Not sure how that will be but some thing to think about again now that our banking is changed. I can't just save coins any more. Ack! Cannot use gift cards for the things I was hoping to, so will need to do something else after going to two banks today that both said to try gift cards I am super frustrated!"(

Oh speaking of jars the $1.oo store had jars in last week if you need some for jar gifts. :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:53 pm

I've planned on crocheting 3 afghans for grandchildren, who in December will be the ages of 11 1/2 months, 2 3/4 years old and 4 10/12 years old. I'm on round/row 24 of the 1st afghan, this is Sept. 9, and I know it'll seem like Christmas arrives so quickly. I don't know if I should crochet 1/2 hour daily on it, so I'm at least doing SOMETHING towards the afghan plan :?: OR if I should just go with the FLOW and crochet when I truly "feel" like it and am more motivated. I don't want to especially schedule a certain hour each day, and be too rigid, to take the fun away from it. I'm more inclined to go with the flow and do it in spurts when I feel especially exuberant to do it. :idea:

At least they're not adult-sized! :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 am

I made a puppet
In Christmas colors.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 pm

It sounds cute, Nancy. :D

I'm on row/round 24 of dgd's Christmas afghan. I'm shooting for 40 rows, to see how many more I need to do.

I printed up some finger puppets at Ravalery, which are cute. They'll be for the 2 3/4-yr-old and 4 10/12-year-old dgrsons. I hope their fingers won't be too small. I've never crocheted a finger puppet before, but I've done Amigurumi. I feel that this will be like an un-stuff Ami doll.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 am

This month I read a book about Christmas, it is titled Christmas Joy by Susan Branch.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 pm

:D I'm now on row 27 on dgd's Christmas afghan.

I have a book, which has some things about Christmas in it. It's by Sarah Ban Breathnach. The title is "Mrs. Sharp's Traditions - Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort & Joy."

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm on row 28, nearing row 29 of dgd's Christmas afghan. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Getting ready includes stocking up on meat pies for meals ahead in the freezer. Found a crochet shawl pattern I want to try making. I got an acct. Set up for use with my e reader and I will be doing a holiday acct. Also.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Dgd & I made some applesauce bread today and it is in the freezer now. She likes to bake on the days there us no school after she gathers eggs she wants to use them in some type of baking so lately we have been doing up sweet breads using cake mixes. Not sure what we will do with these yet but I am sure they will come in handy this fall. We are getting quite a variety in the freezer now any ideas?

Return to “The Creative Home”