Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2013

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 pm

:mrgreen: I found a lovely long Tunisian infinity scarf pattern, for DD, the pattern called for a size "J" flexible afghan hook with the long tube connected to it with a stopper at the end. I have that exact size, still in the pkg. I ordered it in. :!: I'll practice in the New Year. :idea: I'm pretty sure the infinity scarf I'd planned to make DD would be better for me, since I've got 2 or 3 brown sweaters to match those colors of yarn. I don't see DD wearing those colors ever. I found another long striped Tunisian crochet infinity scarf from Coats & Clark or Caron's site. Forgot which. :?: :roll: :oops: It'll be good for DD.

Also, I wrote a letter to DD, told her she can pick out yarn for infinity scarves, I can make them, to ship back to her. She loans me books all the time, so the trade off is fairly fair. Some books are for me to keep here, for as long as I want them, or when she wants them back. She needed to downsize into a cheaper smaller place, which was more affordable. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Good thing I did not plan on making stuff this yr. My sore finger would have gotten in the way.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:30 am

I have lots of creative ideas in my head. That's as far as they get. But I wanted to tell you we have a new fabric store in town, a Hancocks. All new and organized inside. Not sure about the prices, they might be a little higher than JoAnn, but it sure was nice to see that new store here in our town. I'm already thinking up an idea or two...

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:31 pm

My "P" Hook Infinity Scarf Pattern I invented:

Using 2 strands together- Chain 102 chains, join, being careful not to twist chain.

Row 1: SC around into each chain, join into 1st SC, CH-2, do not turn.
Row 2: HDC around into each SC below, slip stitch to join, ch-1, do not turn.
Row 3: SC in back stitch of every HDC below, around, slip stitch to join, ch-2, don't turn.
Row 4: HDC in SC around, join, ch-1, don't turn- ever. :lol:
Row 5: SC in back stitch around, join with slip-stitch, ch-2.
Row 6: HDC around, slip-stitch to join, CH 1.
Row 7: SC in both loops of HDC. This is the ending row, on one side of the infinity scarf. Join, finish off, weave ends in.
Row 8: Turn your infinity scarf, so opposite beginning end is facing you, SC in both stitches of SC around, join, finish off, weave in ends.

FINISHING TOUCHES: :idea: On both edges, do a slip stitch in each stitch around, to give it a more "finished" look and nice edging. :D

Turn scarf into a figure 8, put over head, arrange how you want it to go, on your bodice, with inside a coat or outside a coat or sweater.
Last edited by Ivy on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:11 am

Am crocheting the last edging row of DD's infinity scarf when DH suggested I make 1 for our dfriend/dneighbor, too. Black and white will be perfect 2-strand colors for her. Tomorrow, I'll finish DD's scarf and begin dfriend/neighbor's scarf to deliver on Monday. Her DH accidentally threw out the recycle notification poster for the New Year, in his bill, he didn't know it was in there, so I scanned 2 copies on my printer/computer for them to keep in his shop and their home. We'll drop them by on Monday, as a sort of "just because" gift. He helps DH get firewood all summer, they're best friends and the wife became my dfriend, as well. I'll relax this weekend, to do a good job, will wrap and gift bag it, for her, too.

Then, I'll be doing dgd-11 months leg-warmers with matching hat in time for her 1st b-day on 1/8/14. :D

After that, it's onto try Tunisian dishcloths for our dneighbor-friend with dementia, who can no longer crochet. I'll deliver them in Jan., when I do my annual visit I do up there, once every 6 - 7 weeks, to keep her company and just be her dfriend.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:31 pm

I plan to read on Christmas Day, if DD doesn't come (health problems). I can crochet dgd's leg warmers and hat the day after Christmas, to ship on Jan. 2. I want to do a good job, so will go slower, instead of a sloppy rush job. :idea:

Return to “The Creative Home”