Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2014

Postby Ivy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Nancy, Perhaps your colors will show up in your stash. :idea:

I got 1 more dishcloth done for a dfriend, am on #3 now. Decided to give her 3- for now.

Next, when this dishcloth's done, I'll do more scrubbies in red/yellow or solid red or solid yellow. Trying to give them a variety. They're for BFF and her dmom, who was recently widowed in Canada. She had dual citizenship, I believe, but brought home a worn out scrubbie she couldn't do without. Now she's sad it's her only one. I made 1 2-sided one with petals on it. I re-vamped a coaster/scrubbie-for-the-face pattern into a 100% nylon plastic canvas yarn scrubbie. I made 2 sides joined with petals, to hold the 2 sides together. Next, I'll take a foot/bath scrubbie, will crochet 2 sides, join them with CC color. I'll make 2 colors. :idea: BFF's kitchen is red/black/white/grey, so I have red and eggshell for her. Her dmom's kitchen is red/yellow, so since I have both of those colors, they'll look cute in her kitchen. My hopes are to be able to give BFF and her dmom 2 each, but if I can make the yarn go further, by throwing in the eggshell, I can make more. I'll deliver them to BFF with my b-day gift thank you card, let BFF decide which colors/styles to keep, because she knows her dmom's tastes. I've never met her dmom.

One day soon, I hope to do Seahawks colors hats. I'll look at my calendar to see who's upcoming b-day's coming up to maybe make them something,too. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:42 am

Harriet, I have a few towels like the one you wanted. I keep mine on my oven handle, and you are right it does hit the floor if I open the door all the way. However, I only use mine to dry my hands, not wipe dishes, and it is very useful, being only a step or two in back of the sink. Mine are crocheted at the top part with the button. My dcousin made them for me. DH does not like it, but that's ok. He has a towel he uses and it is never in a convenient place, so I just use mine!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 pm

DH and I bought animal hats for dgrsons turning 5 and 3.
So now I don't "need" to crochet them Seahawks colors hats.
I can crochet MYSELF a Seahawks hat now! :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

Ivy you were right, I have colors I can use white, green ombre' and grey I can get navy yarn that will work for sea hawk colors maybe hats I am not sure yet. I did stocking caps last year for the guys.

Got some knitting done today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:32 am

[color=#008000]Nancy, I'm glad the yarn-search worked out for you. :D Stocking caps are nice. Are you meaning the ones, which are a cuff around the forehead/head area, which slowly go into a long narrowing point at the end, which hits on the upper back? :?: Some people call them stocking caps, whereas I've heard others call regular crocheted or knitted caps, stocking caps, too. I wonder if people from different parts of the country call them different things. :?: I'm glad you got to knit today, too.

I made 1 bi-color scrubbie in 1-layer, but now I'm working on a 2-layer one. Currently I'm joining the 2 sides together with CC petals. I'm experimenting substituting 100% Needleloft nylon yarn for what the pattern calls for, which was P 'n' C. It still turns out quite nicely. :mrgreen: I haven't done my Seahawks cap yet. :(
[/color]

Return to “The Creative Home”