Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2014

Postby Ivy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:06 pm

I finished crocheting a variegated red & white Peaches 'n' Cream hanging dishtowel for BFF's 62nd b-day. Next, I'll do a few dishcloths to match.

I have:
1 Lb. red cone
1 Lb. white cone
1 Lb. red & white cone
1 Lb. black
1 Lb. grey
a bit of Dalmatian color leftover.

BFF's kitchen colors are white, grey, black, with silver appliances. I've made her several grey, black and white items. But at my birthday, in Jan., she said she also used red for a CC in her kitchen. I made her eggshell and red scrubbies for Valentine's Day. ♥ She loved them, so the dishcloths and dishtowel will complete the set. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 pm

End of March sewing:
I am trying to put together the remaining 16 little bags that are cut out now so I can deliver the whole stack at once. My goal is to finish them this week.

I'm working as an assembly line, so I do as much sewing as I can until it's time to iron. Then I press the whole stack in the kitchen where I have more room to move.

Last night I stitched all of the handle pieces as tubes, and turned them right side out. This morning I ironed all of the handle pieces flat.

Tonight when I go back to the sewing machine, I'll topstitch all of the handle pieces, and do the next step in the French seams on the bags.

It's going to be nice to deliver this group, which has fabrics for boys as well as girls.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:25 pm

I finished the hanging dishtowel for BFF. I made a red dishcloth in a rounded-squarish shape edged in white. Now I'm working on the same stitch as in the dishtowel, making a square variegated red/white dishcloth and will edge it in red, like I did the dishtowel. I got out a small round dishcloth pattern, which will finish up the birthday gift. I'll make it in:
- variegated edged in red,
- red, edged in variegated,
- white, edged in red
That should pretty much fill up the pretty floral box. :mrgreen:
[color=#0000BF][/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “The Creative Home”