Art, Craft and Needlework, April 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, April 2014

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:15 am

I ripped out a crochet project. Not enough yarn to finish. I am knitting it up now adding stripes for accents to get enough for the project a prayer shawl.

This is good for stash buster project.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 am

Nancy, I'm very sorry you needed to rip out the shawl. It helps to have tan, white, off-white, or black on hand, for times when you want other colors to go further. Also, any color, such as grey, navy, or brown work well, to extend yarns further, if you go the way of striping or Grannies or other motifs. :idea:

I looked at my usual facecloth crocheted up, I'm so tired of the same old thing, so I've gotten out 3 files with 1 with 2 files within it, to find a different and new-to-me-again facecloth to crochet. Also, I'll go through my stash, for solid white, yellow, and green, for edging that new P 'n' C color with, to jazz the facecloths up for a variety. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 am

Ivy thanks for saying that. I have added cream touq. Forest green so far and will considern the colors you
mentioned. I love the feel of this yarn versus crochet. Got a new knitting mag. Today it is very inspiring.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 pm

I found my "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting!" leaflet booklet. I think my knitting needles are in the walk-in closet with the Crochenit double-ended crochet hook, too. I may need to buy some knitting needles. I have a "knitting" binder with dishcloth patterns, scarves and hats in it. I just can't seem to figure out how to knit because I lose every 3rd stitch somewhere, in the air! It just vanishes! :shock: :oops:

I crocheted a facecloth today, which is very pretty in the new P 'n' C yarn I bought. :P Now I'll try another pattern, to see if I like it better or not. :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I had a friend once, who told me she reads novels and crochets at the same time. Have any of you done this? :?: I tried, but it's hard to keep my eyes focused on the right paragraph & crochet my stitches at the same time. :?: :?: :?:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Main part of the prayer shawl is done, I am thinking about a hood for it and maybe adding on to it and turning it in to a cape or coat.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Nancy, That's a GR8 idea! A woman can go outdoors in the stillness & quiet of the morning or evening, pull the hood over her head, keeping her neck warm, as she prays or reads the Bible or other books. I can "picture" it so clearly. :!: It's such a wonderful idea. You're so very creative. :D I admire that in you, too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks Ivy.
Did did some on that until I realized I had to redo this as the seam was on the wrong side. I have re knitted what I took out. Loooked on U tube for ideas glad I did, one suggested a 3 needle bind off for no sewing yea!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 pm

After purging the creativity all yarn not needed for current project fits into one tote yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Nancy, I'm so PROUD of you! :!: It's wonderful how you have your yarn under control- :P unlike me. :(

I have totes of yarn in our walk-in closet, which I decided (while at the declutter thread), I'm going to move it into the "Bunny Room." I have a comfy leather recliner in there, a 5-disc CD changer, & lovely large tall windows, good lighting.... My :idea: idea is to do some crochet time in the "Bunny Room" & to move the yarn totes there, where yarn bins are. I'm very fond of Josh Groban music, own 5 of his music CD's, so they're all set up, in the bunny room, for me to listen to. Also, I love to do "Crochet Pray" or "pray crochet" - whichever you want to say it- & it's so easy to do that, while listening to Josh's beautiful music. ♥ When the grandson(s) come, 1 at a time this summer, they'll be using the bunny room, so I'll move my mode of operation into the great room, to crochet. I'll leave the totes in the dining room (just 1 or 2) under the bay windows, for easy & quick access to.

The bunny room is also where I craft. Paper crafts. I also want to learn how to lap quilt, need to read through numerous books on the subject, here, on hand, & I can lap quilt in the same room. It's sort of my haven or sanctuary. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Home”