Art, Craft and Needlework June 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework June 2014

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I found a "Flutter Sleeve Vest" (crochet) at

http://www.bernat.com and it takes 2 (100 g. balls) of Bernat Giggles "Cheery Cream" yarn. The looks adorable & will be for dgd's Christmas gift.

I found a cute doggie puppet pattern for a child at Ravelry, but the URL is way too long & (I think?) cut off at the end. If you'd like to see it, you can go to Ravelry to peek or go to:

http://www.Stitch11.com and search their for the puppy puppet. I'll make 2 for each small grson, ages 3 & 5. :) :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Dgs went through several bins with me. We were looking for browns, reds, greens, & blues for his dbros' diagonal afghans for Christmas. We filled a 27-gallon bin to nearly over-flowing of yarns, but need to purchase 2 brown skeins. The MC on 1 dgs will be red & the other MC dgs will get blue. The URL for the pattern (IF it's still there!) & you may need to search at the Internet's Wayback Machine, this is the URL on the pattern I've got. I went to the link below, it doesn't show the pattern, but I've seen it on-line at other crochet websites. If you want to look at it, a "Google" search should do it nicely or go to the most popular long crochet pattern listings sites.

http://hometown.aol.com/debgirlpower/Debgirlpowerafghancrochet.html

Dgs worked so hard, with me beside him working hard, too, lifting, untangling, transferring yarns, then moving the large bin to our walk-in closet. Everything's in one place now. :mrgreen: The pattern is a like a Granny stitch, only done straight, starting with a Chain 4, working 3 DC's into 4th chain from the hook, then turn, tochain 3, work 3DC in first DC & 3DC in turning chain, turning again. You go as far as you want to go, diagonally from point to point, across the afghan, then you decrease back down into a small group, finish off, weave in loose ends. She did hers with black Red Heart for 4 rows, as a MC, which is in the photograph on the pattern page & she used ombres for 2 rows, in various colors, too. I've made 4 of these for dgs's before, for one Christmas, before we had 7 grsons. :lol: I'm looking forward to working on the Christmas afghans now, & the colors of their afghans will match their bedroom beds' robot quilts in the same colors of brown, red, green, & blue. Since I'll be using different main colors & various shades of reds, blues, & greens, for each dgs, they'll be able to tell them apart. :idea: ;) ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Dgs-17 and I sorted through several bins of yarn, to get 27-gallons-worth of yarn together for the dgs toddlers' 2 afghans. The only colors I need, for Christmas crochet now, are brown for the afghans, fiberfill for the neck pillows & butterfly pillow & stuffed butterfly toy for dgd. :mrgreen:

All I need to do now, is slowly get into gear and get everything crocheted. Perhaps Nancy & I can cheer each other one. :?: And anyone else who wants to join in, too. Maybe there will be a holiday art, craft, & needlework thread? Or do we need them, since we go month by month already? :?:

Got 2 Lbs. brown yarn for 2 dgs's afghans & 20-oz. grey yarns for cat neck pillows for the 2dgs, too. I got poly-fill, too, for stuffing pillows & a stuffed toy with, too. These are all for Christmas crochet. :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 am

I am still trying to get my sea legs on this new cyber ship finding forums I post in is a wee bit diffetent. Finished a dish cloth yesterday yea! Got another one going on this new batch. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:27 pm

I am slowly crocheting on 15 Grannies in 1 pattern for Dgd's afghan.

I didn't know I needed to subscribe to a thread.

I also got Bernat "Giggles" yarn in the mail for Dgs's butterfly sleeve vest today. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Home”