Art, Craft and Needlework June 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Art, Craft and Needlework June 2014

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 am

No I do not launder each project when done.
I should to block it however!

Pintrest takes up too much time and on the 8" tablet not so good so I do not do that these days.

I have some red white and green cotten for dish clothes to do thinking of the holidays!

Ivy

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework June 2014

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:58 pm

I have red/white candy cane colors, the Victorian Christmas colors, a cone of red, cone of green, cone of white, and cone of variegated red-white-green and some variegated balls of P 'n' C yarn, too.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:02 am

Finished handles for a tote I crocheted.

I am crocheting 1 of two pot holders for a gift basket.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Did you crochet or knit the handles to the tote or are they plastic, leather or something else? I know different people/stores have different handles to use on totes.

What colors are your potholders? Is it an on-line pattern? :?:

I enjoy doing the origami fold-in-on-itself potholder sometimes, where you chain a length, SC in 2nd ch from hook, go to the end and SC up the other side of the same chain. You continue around and around, in a circle, until it folds in on itself, making it either square or rectangular, depending on the number of chains you make in the foundation chain. I crochet a chain loop, then turn it, to SC in that loop, cut off, weave in the loose end OR I sew on a white plastic cabone ring. I want to find some smaller wooden rings or metal ones, to not melt in the dryer or else they need to be dried for a little bit, then air dried the rest of the way. Laying on top of the dryer is a good drying place, in the sun or if you have a wood stove or fireplace fire, in the fall or winter, you can dry near that. I've also heard cabone rings don't melt in the dryer. Do you or does anyone else know? I've read it's safe to dry them, on-line. I'm leery of doing that. :o
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 pm

For potholders I chain 6 to hang them up with no worries of plastic melting.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 pm

I've had chain-loops on potholders break before because they're weak. So what I do is :idea: chain 12, slip stitch in or near the base of the chain on the potholder, turn, SC as many SC's I can get into the loop, then slip stitch in first SC, trim yarn, weave in ends. It makes a good and rugged hanger. I made it up by myself, as I had that weakening and breakage problem once.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:52 am

I make the tote handles crochet a running shell stitch like the mile a minute stitch for this project some thing new turned out well!

Link to follow for dish cloth I make this one most often.
http://verypink.com/2014/03/07/traditio ... index-html
Feather n fan pattern did not work out for me.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:48 am

I am learning the star dish cloth pattern, it is challenging but I feel like I have really accomplished something as I learn. I have ideas that this could morph into as I work it up. :mrgreen:

The gift basket is nearly complete now yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm

I tried that link, but it said "Error: Page Not Found." :(

I wonder if the star dishcloth would make pretty doilies for under vases or candles or even larger placemats for the kitchen or dining room table? :idea:

I almost crocheted today, but was expecting the Dr.'s M. A. to phone, & didn't want to be in the middle of crochet, to answer the phone, as to keep from losing my crochet spot I'd have been at. As it was, she called, but now lol beckons me, which I'm doing. Perhaps this weekend I can get to it again. I put the project next to my chair though, so that's progress. :idea: ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:41 am

52 weeks of dish clothes free patterns.
http://www.knitpicks.com/cfPatterns/Pat ... n=blogpost

Return to “The Creative Home”