Art, Craft and Needlework July 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
FelineFriend

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework July 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi! :D How are your projects coming along, Everyone? :?: Good, I hope.

I'm putting the next to the last raspberry round on the Granny squares now. Then, the last round is white HDC in each stitch and chain spaces. :D I feel some sort of accomplishment and am so happy about this. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:39 am

On a learning curve with the chevron lace pattern a happy accident however a mistake was a leaf in one spot one of my goals was to make knitted leaf design next. :mrgreen: I'v done plenty of ripping out but that is just part of learning I seem to enjoy the learnng process!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 am

Nancy, I find that untangling knotted up yarns and ripping out, to start all over, is relaxing for me. Is that too weird, or what? :?: :o It's all a learning experience and when I master something, from ripping out, never giving up, I feel good about myself. :)

I have 4 Granny squares to go on 1 pattern, before I get all 15 done, in the 1 pattern. Then, I'll begin the butterfly squares and butterflies. Need 15 butterflies and the 15 Grannnies they get sewn on to, too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I enjoy a challenged getting yarn into the organized form of a ball. I am making good progress on the twin leaf pattern that I am learning.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:20 pm

[color=#800040] :D I now have all 15 Granny squares of the CC center color done, with 4 rows white, 1 row raspberry, edged in white.

Next on the list, are 15 Butterflies and the solid white Butterfly base Grannies with round 5 in raspberry. The butterflies will be pink, edged in raspberry. ♥ It's lookin' GOOD! :P
[/color]

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Dd's portrait of "A Costumed Woman", sketched during HRH's friend's visit the other night. We all sat and talked and she sketched casually at the same time. She had this sketch almost finished within that hour or two, did some shading after he was gone, and ready to post to her online art acquaintances/group (that's why the watermark - sorry, but you can still see how she's progressed).

ACostumedWoman2014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Very nice work on dd15's part, Harriet. She has a certain style - I can see that and I like that. Her style is different from my girls' styles.

Wish I could share some of dd18's art here too. I don't have photos, though; she has the photos.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Harriet love dd's sketch!

Finished a pot holder to go with w dish clothes.
Have to budjet crocheting bc my arm shoulder bother me if I over do.

I need to look up Hanakah gift basket ideas maybe on pintrist and desserts w/out cinnamon as dgd #2 is alergic to it.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Harriet, Your DD's sketch is so beautiful! I just showed Dgs-15.5 and he really liked it, too. :D

Nancy, Are you or family members Jewish? I ask because you've read Joel Osteen's book and watch Joyce Meyer, I believe her name is and they're not Jewish. My Dson had a childhood dfriend who's Dmom was Christian and Ddad was Jewish, so they celebrated both faiths, deciding their Dkids could decide which faith they wanted to become, when they became adults. So I was curious.

Ddil looks up ideas on Pintrest for tutus and flowered headbands and dresses, etc... for our Dgd-18 months. Also, she looks up other things, like fabric coasters, tote bags, infinity scarves, makes up her own patterns, then often times she gives them away as gifts for birthdays and at Christmastime. She's extremely creative. It boggles my mind how she does that. :!: :P

I put away the yarn totes for Christmas gifts, as the 3 dgs's will be here tomorrow and I want "things" I'm making to be a surprise. :idea: :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Yes we have fam. That celebrate Jewish holidays.

Return to “The Creative Home”