Art, Craft and Needlework, August 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, August 2014

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Anyone else AMAZED at how fast the year is going?

Hard for me to believe we are back to August, the "UFO Month". If you need to check on previous projects to consider restarting, August is a good time, so that there would be time to finish before the holidays. Do you have anything you'd like to get back to? Is there an enjoyable past project that's calling your name? (Guilt doesn't count! ;) )

What creativity are you enjoying these days? We'd love to hear.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, August 2014

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Dgds took 99% of art supplies and art books I had collected for them from yard sales. :mrgreen:

I have wool out to card to use on the new to me spinning wheel I bought this week. Ihave plyed what I had spun up but may have to redo that because it may have been plyed the wrong way. I am still on a learning curve how this one works. With two treddles.

indy

Postby indy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:00 pm

I began on a granny square blanket -- one huge square from a huge ball of multicolor yarn -- in June when we went north to visit our girls and to pick up the loom from the older one's house and deliver it to the younger one's house -- but I've not touched the project all last month and need to pull it out and get at it again -- I hope it lasts me through September's travels but if not I will have a small needlepoint tucked into the bag to take up. And they sell yarn back east also -- there's always that possibility. :lol:

indy

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:43 pm

:D I've got 20-21 rows crocheted on dgs-5.5's Christmas afghan now. 8-) It has random stripes in red/MC, tan, soft brown, forest green, navy and the weave is nice and warm. Plan to use 2 - 3 colors for a wide edging. :idea:

I could probably be crocheting butterflies for dgd-19-mos. butterfly Granny afghan, too, but needed to "switch tasks" and get away from it for a bit.

I keep running into the tote with kitchen yarn, begging me to crochet some kitchen mats in new colors. One's variegated, mostly white with a touch of aqua and yellow; green, too? :?: I made 1-Lb. of it into facecloths for our master bathroom, for me. :mrgreen: We love the colors so much, so it'll make good/pretty kitchen mats. 8-)

After the 3 kids' afghans are finished, I'll start doing the smaller projects, such as pillows, a vest, puppets, puppet-hands mittens onto scarves, and a butterfly stuffed doll, for dgd to match her butterfly pillow/afghan.

Happy crafting/working, Everyone! :P
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 am

I carded a batch of jacobs fleece yesterday glad to have that done now it is ready to spin. I have white fine scoured merino wool to card up still. (Great ex. For arms.)

I started a rainbow colored hot pad.

Worked on a market bag had to rip out most of what I did over the weekend to correct a bit. It is a bday gift for my dsis in Nov.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Dgs-turning-11-Oct. 13, is making Origami in the Bunny Room at the desk now, with an enormous book of mine. I got it at Costco, several years ago and my Dgs's get more use out of it, when they visit by themselves, so they can concentrate without the entire family of 9 in the midst.

Also, Dgs is reading 2 novels. I asked him if he had bookmarks, he did not, so I cut orange card stock, put a kitty sticker on 1, and a puppy sticker on the other. They're in the books on the Bunny Room desk. These are fun things that Gma's get to do for their grandchildren, which they'll always remember. ♥

I'll try to crochet this evening. Have been having a sore thumb, so had to take a 2-3-day break from it.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I cannot do any crafting bc surfaces all need attn in there so I am sorting out what I can let go of for clean surfaces I have reclaimed the ironing. Board at least it is a start!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Will try to crochet on and off today on Dgs-5.5's afghan. :D

Am getting an inkling to finish a kitchen crochet Christmas project, too. Haven't decided yet. :?: I don't want to have too many projects going at one time, you know? :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:34 pm

I have 2 pr. of capri lenth pants to hem. I want to do up a thing like crochet hook holder for my diabetic supplies to hold meter strips vile of insulin needles lancet device the one I that goes with my meter will. Not hold the vile ect.

Before I sew I will look at kids pencil cases those have worked in the past.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:47 am

I've been working on Dgs-5.5 Christmas afghan this evening. The yarn tangled into a mess. DH has been helping me untangle it. He's got 1 ball made, had to cut the yarn, and now is rolling up ball #2. I finished a red row, added 2 navy rows and 1 forest green row. Next row will be soft medium brown. It sure will be a nice afghan for a boy. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Home”