***Holiday Planning, 2014***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2014***

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:32 pm

today's goal: put away last Christmas tree. put xmas cards back in it's file for Next October
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:06 pm

I have one Christmas thing remaining: the mailbox has garland on it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 am

-You had so much joy making your bows this year - you don't have to do it all the if you don't want but you should be proud that learned something new and beautiful and shared that beautiful gift -

blessed you reminded me!!! I never posted the photo of how the freebie bows from leftover wrapping paper turned out.

BowsSmall.jpg

This was certainly a success, as long as I used the relatively thicker type of wrapping paper. The ones that tear easily also don't make curls that will stand up. Dsecondbil's wife got me to show her how to make them, which was pleasant for us.

Thank you for saying that, blessed. Yes, I do like fussing over someone's present and there is part of it that makes ME happy so maybe that is enough. I think I often expect too much of others at the holidays. Many in a family really have no idea what it takes to accomplish a decorated home, get presents under a tree remembering each special person with a surprise, etc. They are just worrying about their own responsibilities and moving on, maybe already thinking ahead to dishes to wash, or the driving. Perhaps I disappoint someone else who doesn't think I appreciate their fruitcake or their light-up Rudolph antlers enough, etc! (smile)

Sigh. I'm sorry the photo is huge again. I re-size and make them small, but they still come out unpredictably, maybe because of new software on my 'puter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

oh my gosh ... d harriet THEY ARE beautiful!!! well done! photo by the way is perfect because we can actually see the colors. Thanks so much for sharing!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:31 pm

My holiday cards for next year are in my Thanksgiving storage and then marked on my card file so that I know where I put them next year lol

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Take it down and put away day here.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Today we finally got all our Christmas decorations down. Saturday dh put away all the outside lights from in front of the house. When I got up this morning dh had already started in the living room. Five totes and two trees later it's all back on the shelves in the laundry room. The rooms look so bare now, but it's nice to see normal again!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

I am thinking about when to put the tree down stairs sunny today here maybe today is the day. :mrgreen:

Working bit by bit on the review stuff for next yr. Save etc. In July I go througth and do Christmas in July sort organize and put stuff in totes in order.

blessedw2

Re: Holiday 2015 planning and saving b4 August

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 pm

For me: I have to plan ahead before the holidays for savings as last year surprised us in many ways.

Also I am going to start making lists of family member ideas - I need to put my listening ears on.
Planning also requires me to look at what worked for us and what didn't and what expenses will be coming up in November and December.

1. We always go to a play $$$
2. We have always gone to an expensive restaurant... can't happen this year.
3. I tend to do impulse shopping for stockings. I can buy things (usually just give them their needed things.. deodorant, razors, gift cards to undergarment shop etc. I can put money aside for certain things and buy things throughout the year.

Savings account. I will get that tomorrow.

4. I love to make homemade things... plan and work ahead
5. continue on dear Harriets focus and declutter and home repair way before the holidays.
6. I really have to look at expenses.. presents, tips etc. and have a binder in place. saving for tips each month will help manage my spending.

SAVINGS PLAN: FIRST DAY OF PAY DAY. Even if it is only $25.00 that is $25.00 that I wouldn't have put away ahead.
It is already April... I missed 4 months of not saving but that's okay.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:08 pm

I started my Christmas savings account: only $100.

target: this month: buy 1 staple for Christmas stocking - my dd's love the venus razors - I always put one package each in each girls stocking and dh gets his own type (they will stay until December 2015) bought the girls one package each venus razors and put away in christmas stocking box.

Return to “The Creative Home”