***Holiday Planning, 2014***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2014***

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 am

I have one more letter for a Christmas card to write then I am done! I do have a couple of gifts to wrap. Figure out hubby's gift.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 pm

I cannot recall if I sent Debbie Macomber her holiday card or not. :oops: I usually write down whom I mail cards to, I don't find it written down, so I'm going to go ahead and write her one, enclosing a note of appreciation to her again. :idea:

I'm all done with Christmas. I'm trying to finalize the Christmas celebration date, I've emailed Dson, to let him know, if it's at OUR house, on the 21st, we'll treat the family to pizza that day. Also, told Dson how DH refuses to drive on Christmas Day/Thursday, up to their place, how he wants it on a weekend, and since Ddil is plagued with awful migraines now, they're moving in January, are packing/cleaning, we felt it would be less pressure on her, if they did NOT have it there, and came down here instead. Also, if we go up there, we need to arrive by noon and leave by 3 p.m., because of the distance and DH doesn't like to drive at night anymore. I'm hoping that Dson/Ddil will agree to come down HERE, instead. I hope they get back to me/us soon, too, so we can make further plans for cookies, etc.. to have on hand, too. DH bought Christmas paper plates/cups/napkins set today, at Costco, and he got a tin of fancy cookies, which have a lot of chocolate-covered ones in them, as well as short-bread ones, too. Our home is decorated for Christmas, all the gifts are made, wrapped and put away. Now, everything hinges on Dson/Ddil. I hope they'll want to come down here, to be very honest with you. It's a large home, we have a huge table, which opens up to sit 8 comfortably, and we have an eating bar, for foods, and we have a card table with 4 chairs, too. It makes sense to me, to have it here, because of Ddil's health. They wouldn't need to clean, get foods prepared, or anything. Just show up here. :idea: NOW I NEED TO WAIT PATIENTLY! :roll: ;)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 pm

We delivered the mail carrier's holiday gift, it's in the mailbox, (locked community one), for him to get tomorrow. DH talked to our carrier today, to find out if he's delivering tomorrow, so the gift goes to HIM. Since he is, we wrote his name on the envelope and so this gift is taken care of. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:40 pm

I always keep a record of cards by printing out a Household Notebook blank lined page like this one. This year I used the "computer fillable" feature below the image, that allows you to type into the lines, and it worked very well for me. I was pleased. I just tabbed over to make a second column of names. I typed in the ones from last year's list and there was room to write in more if needed later. I put the paper back through to print "Christmas Card List, 2014" in a pretty font at the top.

I just use a ruler to make lines down the page for spaces to put notations such as which card (this year "s" was for "stable card" and "l" was for "landscape card"), which photo enclosed, even which seal on the envelope if important to me.

This year I was so dissatisfied with seals I could find. I had a few from previous years which were fine, but ran out. So I just went to my old standby, Avery copier label paper in full sheets rather than pre-cut label shapes. I love this product for labeling the backs of family photos sent to those who seldom see us. It is a LOT of help for a family with so many grandchildren near the same age. But really anyone appreciates labeled photos. Anyway, I googled some free printable simple images that I liked and copied a bunch onto a drawing program and just printed those, too. Tada! Nice envelope seals.

Btw, scissors work fine for cutting apart the Avery sheets. But if you have a rotary cutter and mat, it does make it fast and neat.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Talked with h. About holiday gift ideas and gift baskets.
Idea for his was sort of kput bc we had to get a new battery for the truck the price of those went way up.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 pm

I need to label envelopes for gifts, for the family.
We told Dson what day we want to celebrate Christmas on, but DIL is angry with us, won't speak to us, so they might not want to celebrate with us now. It's sad that "these things" need to happen, any time of year, but especially during the holidays, it hurts the children much more than it affects the adults.

We're thankful for a good, sound, healthy, respectful, loving relationship with DD and DGS. We have many Blessings and are focusing on them.

We're still getting our Christmas together, in case they have a change of heart, at the last minute. We're open to having a good celebration, if they so choose to do with us. We love them all, regardless of the "problem", which has arose. At least DH and I have a clear conscience and open heart. We're on the same page, too. I feel sorry for the children. But at least we have their gifts together for them. ♥ ♥

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:34 pm

I need to get out some envelopes, to label, for gifts, but have to decide if I want to use holiday stickers on them, OR rubber stamp images. I know where the stickers are, I'll need to HUNT out the rubber stamps, ink pad, and cleaner fuzzy thing, etc... I think stickers would be festive and more fun, quicker and easier, too.

Around Dec. 15 - 18, we'll call folks, to go deliver gifts/visit for 1 - 2 hours, each. They are good dear friends. It'll be wonderful to see them again. 1 lady is 98.5 years old, is having quite a bad time with her hearing lately. I made her a pink hat and scarf. She loves that color and she'll look lovely in it with her white skin and silver hair. She's a doll.

The other couple, a man gets candy, and the woman gets fancy display potholders. 1 pair took well over 12 hours to make, perhaps even 14 hours+ to make- but SHE'S WORTH IT! She's a very lovely person, very giving, kind, a generous hostess, and wonderful cook. She treats us to goodies, when we come to deliver gifts. It'll be fun to see them again, too. ♥ ♥

The holidays can be rushed, or so lovely! :D :D

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Decorating is done here. One guest room is ready. Still need to prepare the other one. The good news is that no one will be on the air mattress! We now have enough beds. Cards are sent. Wish I had more--would like to give out some extras at church. Gifts are bought and wrapped. Just need to buy a few food gifts at the local Amish store. Working on menu next...
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:16 am

I have figured out hubbys gift actually he did I mentioned that I wanted a reflective vest he found them and got him one too. :D

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Our adult kids, Ddil, and we are formulating where Christmas will be celebrated on Christmas Day. Everybody agrees that Christmas Day is a good day, for us, DD gets it off.

Return to “The Creative Home”