Art, Craft and Needlework, October 2014

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
FelineFriend

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, October 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:46 pm

:mrgreen: 1- I did NOT make myself a "Mind Map."
:mrgreen: 2- I found chore lists in my Holiday Planner!
:mrgreen: 3- I re-wrote crochet projects to be done, by what dates, erased a LOT, to decrease the # of items AND pressure!
:mrgreen: 4- I'm only working 1 week ahead, at a time, as I plan; NOT through ALL the days until New Year's.

I feel more calm & peace,for re-working my crochet projects list, etc...
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 pm

I knit a couple of rows on the pink prayer shawl glad for progress on it.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:32 pm

At the grocery store, at check-out, I left DH with the cart, ran back to the magazine section. I got a $7.99 "Crochet!," Magazine full of 25 new winter projects for every skill level.

I was impressed with a "Garland Dress," for a little girl, in various sizes. There was an "Illusion Scarf," for a beginner, done in 2 colors, using various stitches, as the beginner crochet person improves on their skills. I loved a pullowover in the magazine and also a "Chalet Cardigan," too. I liked the "Ice Crystal Vest," felt it was very attractive, and there was a "Channeled Cape," too. I saw another "Floating Columns Pullover," too, and "Chelsea Cabled Set", which had a hat, cowl, and mittens in it. There was a "Corona Wrap," and a cable scarf, slippers, which are way easy-to-crochet and sew together, called "Toe-Hugger Slippers," and a "Bettina Blanket," for an adult, and plaid afghan, too. There was a wonderful lace wrap, which was a super long shawl, shown in various ways you could wear it. There was a beautiful "Montage Scarf", too, from Red Heart Super Saver yarn, in variegated blues/greens, so beautiful, too! There was a circles rug, which was rectangle or square, but the circles make it look roundish square, to me. There was a very stylish "Riverstone Coat," too, but totally for a woman who is thinner, than I am. I saw a "Waves Hat," in their, too, and a "Midnight triangle Shawlette", with could be a prayer shawl, if you wanted to make it into one, to donate. I enjoyed seeing the "easy 1-2-3" "Cosmos Wrap," with was in different colors, looking like a Granny style striped cowl, to me. It perhaps is a shawl. Anyway, I enjoyed the magazine a lot, there was a card for subscribing to "Crochet World," in it, which I put an address label on, too, to re-subscribe to, as I like that magazine a LOT.

I need to do butterflies wings/pairs (13 of them) and their 13 bodies, attach them to Grannies, join, then edge. it'll be quite a job to complete the entire project. I'm considering writing a baby-step goal list, to get it done, from beginning to end, so I can actually "see" it slowly getting done, as I cross off each step.

I cannot believe tomorrow, we'll have a new November 2014 thread here!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 pm

I subscribed to Crochet World tonight. First issue is shipped Dec. 16th. It'll be nice, before Christmas, as I gear up with project plans in the New Year. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Home”