Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2015

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, January, 2015

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 am

Trying to do not left handed backwards knitting. I may have to frog out a project and re do it correctly.
Got some bulky yarn today on sale biege blue and pink.
Trying to get a guage on it.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:50 am

I'm almost done with DGD's first dress.

It's adorable! :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Working on the striped sweater project I started yesterday.
Trying to get notes dwon a loose leaf anything notebook aka planner so I can get it transfered to my yarn projects notebook. I keep for knitting weaving, crocheting projects.

I need to get the sketch and measurments down for other projects. Arm length etc.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 am

I found 2 pkg's of the most bright, cute, zany and adorable butterfly buttons, for DGD-2's dresses and vests! I also found a great pkg. of flower buttons, in different colors, shapes, and styles for her, too. I found a Bernat white yarn skein for the bodice on a dress and Bernat variegated baby colors yarn, for the dress' skirt. It's going to be such a cute single crochet dress. I might use a larger-next-up-size hook, so she'll be able to wear the dress for awhile longer, too. I didn't care for the available yarns, in threads, for dresses. They looked picked over, too thin/skinny, and I couldn't find colors I liked. I'm considering using the Peaches 'n' Cream yarn, for the bodices on dresses with fabric skirts. When they wash, they'll be soft, too, against her chest skin. :idea: :)

I got a new Peaches 'n' Cream 1-Lb. cone called "Ivy League." If you go to the Peaches 'n' Cream website, you can search for the colors in it there. It's an ecru-olive-aqua, very pretty, and rich-looking to me. I want it for kitchen mats/CD coasters. :idea: :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:42 pm

On the toddler size sweater I am past the tricky part arm holes yea I will finish the body the do sleeves. First one I have done this method only my 2nd sweater ever with a 30 yr space in between. :roll:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:52 pm

I only have 1.5 - 2" to crochet on DGD-2's dress and it'll be done, except for sewing on the buttons, at the empire bodice. :mrgreen: I showed BFF today, she adored the dress and the buttons, too. ;)

EDIT: :mrgreen: I got the dress finished, right before dinner. :!: :P 8-) ADORABLE! ;) It's going to be so cute on DGD-2, especially with her orange hair in long loose curls. :idea: 8-)

Next up, is an Empire dress with a tie, heart pocket, and CC trim, done in single crochet. It'll have a white bodice with a variegated in baby colors skirt. Later, I want to try making 1 dress (same pattern - Empire) with a white top and pink skirt. :idea: LATER! I have 4 weeks to go! :)

And, after the Empire dress is finished, I'd love to make another pinafore sleeve pastel yellow dress with yellow flower buttons on the bodice. :idea:

Also, today, an idea came to me! :idea: :!: 8-) I can use the pinafore sleeve pattern, in blue and green balls of yarn, for the bodice and attach a floral calico cotton fabric skirt to that. I think it'll look feminine, would be pretty for spring/summer.

Have an awesome weekend, Everyone! Happy Needleworking, crafting, artsy-stuff to you ALL! :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:30 am

I'm putting the royal blue chain-21 "loopy" chain onto an "M" size 2-strand green & blue DC scarf, to match my hat in similar Seahawks colors! :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:53 pm

FF lovely!
I am thinking Imay need to do some thing in sea hawks colors as well. But do not have time.

I took the weekend off from knitting to let the cracks in my thumbs heal up. I have been doing some spinning.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:56 pm

My participation in the School Uniforms for Haiti project is finished. I had planned to stop helping with that in November, but the need was so great that I went to the group sewing days in The Big City in December and this past weekend, and also brought shirts home to sew. I enjoyed doing the work, and it gave me lots of practice with my newer sewing machine. However, as I mentioned in PWYC, I have other deadlines that need my time and attention now.

For the next 2 weeks I will be doing crafty things to get ready for the library's Fancy Nancy Tea Party. Most of these will be paper crafts.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 am

I bookmarked some quilting blogs I found at the Quick Quilts website. I liked the one from Portland a lot, because her blog post titles are subjects I'm interested in and some of the titles were unique or comical.

I need to re-read the Empire dress pattern, for the crochet project I'm embarking on doing in the morning. They say it's intermediate, but I won't know if I can master that level, until I'm in the middle of it, actually. Sometimes I surprise myself, with my skill being a higher level than I previously think it is. In other words, I believe I'm more advanced that I've been thinking I am. I enjoy challenging myself with the more advanced skills in projects. It makes me learn more and it boosts my self-confidence a lot. It's a good thing, as Martha would state. :idea: ;)

Your projects sound like so much fun, Booksaver! :D

Go, Nancy, go! Go Seahawks colors, go! :mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Home”