***Holiday Planning, 2015***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2015***

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:58 am

What a great idea d Nancy - so cute
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 am

I put up another section of lights outside - it's supposed to b 27 degrees at end of week so I hope I get more up this am b4 the high winds come today

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:16 pm

I bought a handmade cookie cutter of a home w a heart in the middle of it for each of my I law families - so far I have honey for each and will be making gingerbread cookies for each of them - I still have to buy tea or coffee gift certificates

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:00 pm

That cookie cutter sounds ideal. blessed, I hope you get your outdoor work done safely and quickly.

Viewing - Nancy we like:
the Andy Griffith Show Christmas special
movie that's the best tradition - It's a Wonderful Life
Charlie Brown Christmas

Current order arrived yesterday. So just documenting that was 10 days. Extremely satisfied with what they send, as always, just interesting that they never hurry, and don't offer faster delivery at good prices or anything like that.

Cards were here in two days. Stamps in, maybe, five.

That will be a project soon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:09 am

I love watching holiday specials too - happy u got ur cards in d Harriet

I got one present in - I am trying to do one thing each day for the holidays

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 am

Everyone remember what a great resource the previous year's holiday planning thread can be. What you were thinking last year can remind you of all kinds of things. Listen to your last-year's voice - she's smart! :idea:

I just went to this page and found my own instructions ( :lol: ) to help me make a fast Christmas Card list again this year, typed into lined spaces. Neat. (Between HRH and myself, we have a long history, big families, and may send more cards than most do, but even if I were sending half as many I would love this feature from the organized home site.) If I'd had to "reinvent the wheel" again, I would have taken much longer.

I also noticed my "last year's voice" had said to consider paper circles for flat "bows" for presents that have to be carried elsewhere or stacked while carried. Mounted over smaller diameter, thick paper circles, they would be at least a little three-dimensional. I had been thinking about using old or unneeded Christmas cards with images, cut out into circles. Hmmm... ..

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:17 pm

For viewing I was thinking more of band concerts we enjoy those this time of year.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

What a great idea to look at last years voice - I remember u making those beautiful bows

I have a hard time focusing but I am trying to focus in on one Christmas prep each day

Logic tells me that doing a prep daily will make our holidays easier - making sure I don't over goal

Today's goal: write 3 cards - double the recipe to put in freezer
I made multiple chicken breasts and froze them - wrap one persons present - make reservation for the one dog who just had surgery - thanksgiving -

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:49 am

Made another dinner for the freezer

Thank goodness I finished the outside Christmas lights bc it snowed like crazy yesterday :D

Today's hope put lights on 3 season room windows :arrow: I've been sick w headaches then sore throat and a bit of a chest cold

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:45 am

I have to b careful bc I'm starting to fall into the "perfect out of this world" Christmas" - lol - it happens every couple years - dreaming of the "ten" Christmas- thank goodness I have here to correct myself b4 I get carried away

I was thinking of all the ways I could wow family w a special gift - all the work would b for accolades (yes bc I love these people) but I know I would b doing it for the ooos and ahhh's
I need to step back again to see what is doable and joyous at this holiday time instead

Some things made simple: I now know what I will bring for Christmas Eve appetizer- well did younger - she makes the best tarte flambee and me a Greek salad

Thanksgiving- acorn squash Donal Skehan - Alsatian carrot salad dd younger, green bean salad

Return to “The Creative Home”