***Holiday Planning, 2015***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2015***

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Survived even though we had the washer issues during the holiday season.
The hats I knit were a hit dson requested one w/ thicker yarn. Maybe two yarns for warmth. Pets exchanging is some thing new. The dog was good a nice surprize and treat for the grands who do not have a dog.

A couple of improvements on recipes were a hit. Family holiday bfast was good worked out and was for all faiths wonderful tl see dgson's delight when I told him he could have my 3 crepes. I knew he would burn em off.
Low sug jam from farmer's mkt was a hit.

We enjoyed the simplicity if even less fuss of decor this year.
I f temps are moderate an evening walk to enjoy lites helped me to stay sane this holiday season.

Spinning group party was fun & I enjoyed it.
Taking little smokies is still my fav. For gatherings tastey less work than deviled eggs or making cookies.

We do not decorate the tree have a small prelit one, and a wreath for the house is all I got to this year.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Well done d Nancy - your Christmas sounded lovely
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:55 pm

As they say, "if you play the percentages out", the percentage of satisfaction from wrapping just doesn't cut it lately. Oh, I still love doing it, but when it's INVISIBLE to everybody else, it sorta loses its luster, you know? :lol:

I'm considering a vacation from Christmas wrapping next year, even if just to see if anyone notices the change. Current Catalog sells sets - like kits - of all the same matching bags in different sizes. No sorting, no decisions. I'd avoid certain types of gifts, like tall things or books, which fall over in a bag. I like the idea of no distinctions between bags, so that I can avoid decisions. Just to have an attitude adjustment, go cold turkey with no personalized wrapping work, and see how I feel and how everyone else feels.

The only other solution I've thought of is that I could justify wrapping if the presents were going to be under my tree for weeks, decorative. But that would require changing gift purchasing to much earlier and also require storage space and keep the wrapping supplies underfoot longer. It doesn't put any time back into my calendar's pocket either. From the creativity direction of my life, comes the dream to craft more, so planning wrapping earlier could get in the way of that.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks blessed.
I framed the pics we got this year for gifts.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:15 pm

So mom wants an 8 x 10 of me so I am hoping I can get one off my smart card.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:14 pm

:D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Nope they could not had to sent it to my dsis ia fb. Hope that works. Sigh. Finished up gift hats for bday. Ny eve prep underway now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:10 pm

I love all the work u do d Nancy

I took one of my moleskin 5x8 journals and keeping my Christmas notes in for next year w a monthly plan for grab bag acquiring - where everything is - money saving for Christmas etc - it works for everything else - why not this

I have $200 left in my Christmas account which is at least something

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:34 pm

I thought I'd posted about the holiday, but I guess not.

Harriet, I've quit obsessing about the wrappings years ago. Little less concern about it as the years go by. Our crew, opening the gifts is chaotic and nobody notices if the packages are works of art or not. This year I was glad to let go all the shopping bags I'd kept forever, the pretty holiday ones I'd gotten from people. Did I think I'd be wrapping for the queen someday? No, I used them all up and I think I only brought 1 back.

Now the thing about having lots of bags...if you are traveling, be aware that they don't stack up well in a big bin to transport. I knew that ahead of time so was prepared, still it was a challenge.

If only I could get my family to give me gift ideas in the beginning of October. I would just love to do the shopping early so that it'd be done before the influx of show-birds clog the stores and the roads and bring down their cold and flu germs. And if I did catch something I'd have a chance to recover before the actual holiday.

Took 1 cookie off the list. Kept trying to buy the ingredients ahead. Kept eating those ingredients. I cannot buy those M&M baking candies ahead and leave them alone. Not even going to try next year.

The 1 gift I made was done in the summer and was so nice to see boxed up and ready. If I could just figure some other gifts like that to do ahead, that'd be wonderful.

Each holiday is different. But I think I did okay except for the getting sick part.

Blessed, I just loved reading your posts about your family. Yep, they have no clue what goes into things, do they.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Got a new shower head great we can both use it!
Need to put in the $ for dgd's bday gift.
2 hats are done and ready to seam together for dsons bday gift.

Return to “The Creative Home”