***Holiday Planning, 2015***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2015***

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:53 am

Glad u feeling better!!! Sometimes stepping away from it really helps - lol on the lights - I had that last year!

My Christmas shopping is done - nothing exciting or expensive - except for a grab bag gift, waiting for shipments, and dd buying d niece a gift - presents are wrapped - I left a gift for d great niece for dd younger to wrap

My house is wall to wallllllllll tip bc I hyper focused on Christmas shopping :shock: ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:02 pm

One more gift bag to assemble and deliver still, but it can wait a bit.
Cards gifts in the mail yea!
Tree us up.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 am

I need to get 2016 calendars.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Note to self on buying a live tree - questions to ask first!

"Will your trees fit MY stand?" ( maybe have them look at your stand, or a photo, before you look at their trees!!!!!)

"Is your tree netting machine working? "

If they don't have a machine, request that they lift the tree in/on so that it is easiest for you later, not just easy for them at the moment!

Our live tree is here, and of course now has become "ours" so we like it. But I certainly won't go back to that lot again. They are clueless. Word to the wise - You Better Shop Around.

So anyway, now that I may have complained enough, :oops: I can report I'm at least not terribly embarrassed that I'm a week late than planned with getting the tree up. Our big family get-together is scheduled later than ever before this year, on the afternoon of Sun the 27th, so most gifts will remain under the tree until then. And it really was helpful to get church projects out of the way first.

So now I need to divide my holiday efforts between shopping and decorating - shopping's the priority.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Menu for Christmas pretty much what we had on turkey day h wants stuffing too, saw the light display last evening. Got reflective leash for Ella. Washer & dryer are operational now did not come with a bow, however I might put one on them!

Watching "The Christmas Card".

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Love the netting question- always important! For us it was a strong rope - we were mile away from our house and the tree fell off our car roof - dd older was in middle school and dd younger was/is 6 years + months difference from dd older - we couldn't get the tree back on top and dh wasn't home. Dd older volunteered full heartily to drag the tree home through the snow - such a trooper. People looked at her like she stole the tree from a park or woods- she got to the end of our street(I had followed her w my car in case she wanted to give up the effort- the plows had put up a wall of snow that we couldn't drag the tree over it - we had to tie a rope on the tree to the car which promptly broke - between ddolder and young dd we pushed the tree over the snow mound and finally pushed it through the front door (not easily bc there was no netting) - u know we have the best memories of that tree

Dont be embarrassed ur a week behind -d Harriet we are not doing our indoor decorations and get our tree u till dd younger is done w finals and ur never complaining- I wish my complaining was as gentle as yours! :D

D Nancy great job on the cards!
D Harmony hello hello

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Only do 3 cards 1 to a pen pal others with $ to mo. & sis so I do not have to ship stuff. Three Jan bdays not done .

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Awesome d Nancy!!!

I have two small presents to wrap and some stocking stuffers to bring in from car - yay!!!

I need to look up a couple addresses

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Christmas cards gone - I have a few waiting for

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 am

I could not find a turkey breast so got a med small whole o e ca not find the tag mystery wt on it 10-15 lbs. It has apopper putter thing. We have enough stuff to grill it on Thurs. It is thawing now. They were out of the boxes of candy I was going to get did not need it anyway.

The dog took the reflective vest off on hwe first walk with it on sigh. The ball treats and retreaval thingie called a bumper are both hits.

Return to “The Creative Home”