Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2015

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2015

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 am

Thinking of a wrap skort I saw a nimber of years ago.

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2015

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Very impressed with our crocheters/knitters who can create lovable yarn cuddlies! Lucky children. It must be fun to see them get to play and hug.

I do at least have a compliment to report. Dd35 raved over my design wall while she was here. It has the blue-green forest quit up. I found it hard to take the compliment with grace because I haven't been able to work on it in a while.

Today I attend dd16's (and all student's) exhibit in the studio at the School of Architecture. It's nice they have this moment of recognition, although I'm sure the permanent works around them (or even the work of the college students from last semester) may intimidate. If she feels strongly pleased with any on a personal level I will be sure to have her take photos. If it is not personal to her, maybe not.

I do know that she has some sketches right now that mean something to her, but she confides in me that as usual she leaned toward detailing the people in landscapes rather than the buildings. I even sent her an email reminder to draw something angular, lol. I'm sure she would never disobey any professor or teaching assistant, but I hope they weren't disappointed if they noticed her sketching a passerby instead of the building they thought she was noticing.

Return to “The Creative Home”