Art, Craft and Needlework, September 2016

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, September 2016

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:22 pm

BookSaver, that is all so creative and visual. Visitors will like that. Love the idea of bringing in a class for making the hats.

Nancy, jugs of milk or whatever are sturdy enough for lots of uses, so that is some interesting brainstorming. Sorry that your hands end up hurting after working on the walking stick, but I bet it's pretty.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Working on seasonal print bags now did a large one today it turned out well.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:14 am

Spent an hour on organizing fabric and supplies. Things were changed and neatened up. Can see how I could use more time.

Sometimes hard to decide whether to organize recent projects by keeping everything you used together, or putting all fabrics back with like colors, and supplies back with like supplies. For instance, I do have a little plastic shoebox marked, "Handmade Templates" and maybe I should always put the templates away to be neat and never lose them. But sometimes it makes more sense to keep each template handy with its project.

This comes back to planning exactly what you want to do next, and next after that!

Photographs of complete projects help. That gives you a record of what fabrics were used last time.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 am

Organize craft room card is up so I thought I would post that here. Wish me luck. I am making great progress but it is messy in there at the moment. :mrgreen:

Found a bag with turkey print I made last year, it did not have mitered corners so I am working on doing that.

Fall color print bags next up. X
Then red white and green ones x

Return to “The Creative Home”