*** Holiday Planning, 2017 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Re: *** Holiday Planning, 2017 ***

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 am

Ready? Let's get organized with Kitchen Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!
Holiday Grand Plan Week 8: Kitchen from cynthia ewer
Posted: 25 Jul 2017 11:17 AM PDT
October 15, 2017 to October 21, 2017
Holiday Grand Plan 2017

Week Eight sees us down and dirty in the heart of the home: the kitchen. It's Kitchen Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

This week, we'll clear the decks for the holiday cooking to come with a kitchen clean-up and declutter. Routing out the year's dirt and disorder gives us a fresh, clean start for holiday cooking to come.

In holiday prep, it's Checkpoint Week and time to make plans for Halloween night.

As this week is focus week for us - THE KITCHEN (sweet harriet's cleaning focus thread is wonderful) - this kind of worked well for this week.

My goal: is to empty cabinets and clean them and see what is old and needs to be tossed and what I need to get for the holiday traditions.)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am

YAY D NANCY

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am

And the kitchen is certainly where I've been. Absolute decision making has to happen about what is stored there - it's just not fair to my kitchen that space must be given to home-improvement or hardware items. I'm also suspicious of cleaning items - why are they in kitchen, again? Hmmm... ...

Oh, the clothes chat - wow, guys I saw photos of myself in what I wore Christmas of last year and one item - red thin jacket - has GOT to go. It's so pretty! It makes me look so ... ..NOT! :lol: And the second one is more important! Funny how the style or fit of a thing can ruin otherwise nice cloth.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Absolute decision making has to happen about what is stored there - it's just not fair to my kitchen that space must be given to home-improvement or hardware items. I'm also suspicious of cleaning items - why are they in kitchen, again? Hmmm... ...

lol

that's our kitchen and laundry room.. I know who the culprit is - DH - he says that now that winter is coming he has to store those items in the kitchen and laundry room... ;) tapping my shoe when I see him bring in more stuff. lol

re: cloths - you make me giggle and smile ... I had the same look last year... dd's gently said maybe we can go shopping this year lol. I got a new purse the other day and i thought I could donate my old purse; dd younger gently said "mom, (pause) maybe it would be better to just toss it" (she reminded me of a a gentle kindergarten teacher trying to not hurt my feelings :lol: ) I asked her if she didn't think it was good enough to donate and she just smiled and touched my arm. Oh my gosh! :lol: I finally really looked at the purse and realized it had hit the dust a year ago and she was right that it needed to be tossed!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 am

I received, in the mail, most of my d mom's Christmas presents.
i also got some stocking stuffers at Tar get

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 am

Time saving tip for desperate gift-givers:

Did you know that A-river has several designs for gift cards which they will send in special packaging? Many of the packaging options do not cost extra, and they will mail physical cards with guaranteed 1-day delivery if you order early enough in the morning.

I learned this when I was looking for a birthday gift for a coworker whom I don't know very well, but I know she does a lot of shopping online. Thursday night I ordered a "gift card in a polka dot reveal" and it arrived in my po box first thing Saturday morning. It's super cute. The "polka dot reveal" is in the shape of a little purse, black dots on a white background with a pink ribbon bow.

They have Christmas designs, thank you cards, birthday, congratulations, and lots of general ones for any occasion. If you're really in a pinch and can't wait for them to ship it, they have designs you can print yourself any time.

Looks like they also sell cards to lots of national stores and restaurants. I prefer to shop locally, but sometimes I just don't have the hours to spend in the car driving around. Just search "gift card" and see the drop-down menu of all the different categories and brand names.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:11 am

I am doing turkey roll dinner for two at some point this holiday season so getting stuff for that this week I think. Tky roll, gravy mix or in jars, cool whip, stove top stuffing, tky sausage on the list. Got these items.

I have sug.free Jello in the house now, decluttered the not sug, free ones last wk.. did the kit. Zone last week. Dining room zone is up this week for me.
Christmas in July projects helped yea!
:mrgreen:
Knitting group is helping now!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

great idea d Book... thank you for sharing :D

d nancy I am happy for you.. great work :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am

For main gifts we give cash in gift bags so no need for various rolls of gift wrap I de-cluttered the gift wrap container and rolls of gift wrap last spring, I could never get it open any way.

This week I found gift bags brown paper I can decorate if I get the urge yo do something creative kids loved to color on em as well.

I snagged boot box from h might need it for ....who knows what lol.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 am

I sorted out holiday storage got 4 shirts out 2 for each of us with seasonal designs on them, fetched the cards and tags upstairs. Pressed one shirt.

Return to “The Creative Home”