*** Holiday Planning, 2017 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Re: *** Holiday Planning, 2017 ***

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Tree's here! Watered it FAST. Hopeful that it will remain supple, not getting too dry. This is a victory, since I've always said that the 5th of the month is a pretty good day for a tree to come in the house. 20 days before, and then just a week after and it's time for the new year and taking it down. Strangely (unbelievably?) I'm on time with one thing!

I hadn't thought of decor in the china hutch. Hmmm... ... Still don't really think of this one as "mine" - it's from my dmother's house. But it is right in the dining area, just across from tree and near mantel that we do decorate.

The Christmas cards are a hold up here. Unlike blessed's dd, mine is slow to actually accomplish, but still says she will... ... not sure how long before I give up on her. Her sketch is lovely but she hasn't put in the color yet.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Oh, a downpour here! Tree got inside just in time. I'm so glad I accomplished that ahead of a wet and cold time, since it would have probably set us back a while. I had noticed the wind was picking up.

I sent an email to dd19, with the potential verse in case she actually wanted to letter that. But I told her no need - we can do that with a nice font. She lettered "Merry Christmas" as part of the lower part of her sketch as she first drew it. Maybe seeing this, she will get interested in finishing quickly. I can't say too much ... .. she has a test tonight, for instance, tomorrow a long class, Friday an exam. I know she's overwhelmed.

Wanted to tell that dd19 asked the blessing at our large Thanksgiving get-together and was not hurried or nervous. It wasn't that long ago that she wouldn't agree to ask it in front of anyone beyond "just us". It's not that I obsess about the blessing, I hope, but I do want each one to feel confident that we all really do want them to ask it. When they head out into the world and may have this request again, I want it to feel comfortable to them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 am

well done everyone on their work!

what did work - a lot
what did not work - wrapping presents the final week instead of doing them as I bought them (taking a picture of what I was wrapping instead of forgetting).
my budget went kaput
not making meals ahead for the freezer. (a definite next year).
not sticking to a bwp since dec 3rd.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:33 pm

I have been watching those blessed.

We took 2 strings off the tree, so I need to get 2 replacement strings next yr. I do not think lights will be in stock now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQz7XfeIxUs number 5 leftovers, fridge, pamper yourself

yay on taking the lights off the tree d nancy! I think you might be right regarding getting lights now. I stopped at Mic heals on the 24th and the majority of Christmas was gone already. great job on your continued hard work.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am

I looked at yr end before w out success at yr end before.
I have been rounding up things to go in holiday totes.
I need to get seasonal clothes in there after laundry as well. Thought of that today & I need a little calandar. Plus some planner stuff.
Thinking I like the time to restart holiday acct. Doing it from Nov. To Nov. Like one gal mentioned bc we need the $ in fall.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 am

d harriet lovely about your dd 19!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sby9FQQIB4w day 6 - holiday mission - decorations, your control journal for the holidays (me its cards and I did it yesterday) and pampering (I still don't do that)

I won't add any more videos but it was nice start.

today for me: remove all (now dead) greenery except for the tree
go to container store to buy some small boxes for the really old breakable ornaments as I lost them last year. and individual boxes for the 3 houses I have up as I broke 3 houses this year because I was too lazy in packing.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Undecorating happing bit by bit.
No luck in finding replacement lites so that will wait.
Decor is down stairs packed up and put away all except the tree I will do that tomorrow. Yea for progress.

Return to “The Creative Home”