Art, Craft and Needlework, September 2018

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, September 2018

Postby BookSaver » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:57 pm

My ruler handle gadget arrived today so I will be able to try it out tomorrow.

I have a car full of fleece! There are the 2 extra-large bags full of yards of fleece to cut into cat mats. There are also 2 medium bags of fleece baby sleeper sacks that have already been cut out and are ready to sew.

Oh, and a bag with a bunch of colors of nylon net fabric to cut into strips for crochet dish scrubbies. That bag doesn't take up very much room, though.

I'm not going to bother to take any other projects. I'm a little concerned that I won't have enough time to do anything but cut out the cat mats. When I put my work tote in the car today, it appeared to me that the bags of fleece fabric were larger than when I put them in the trunk a couple of days ago. Has the fabric fluffed up to look larger, or is it spontaneously breeding? :shock:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:47 pm

I think that fleece is fluffing out to make a nest in BookSaver's car and multiply! (poof!) Best wishes on the time away with sewing! I am working with different table heights and need to deal with that to be kind to my back, so I know what you mean about staking out a space.

Nancy, that's so nice that you find a way to do a little something for your cousins (or cousins' children). The jeans blanket should be perfect for your ddog - dogs love the softness of good old cotton denim.

I have a Rudolph Day report. (lol, no. A little-bit-a-day report.) Actually now that the HGPlan has given me "permission" to sew for the holidays, I'll be sewing lots of days, I hope.

The 5-inch blocks for the wall-hanging traditional sampler quilt are coming along great. So far, I've drafted my own 5-inch size of 4 of the patterns I want to make. Not all the patterns have to be drafted - found some already done. The cutting for some 10-inch block patterns can just be changed with some math. I do enjoy the drafting when I need it.

I've finished making 3 blocks :
Blazing Star,
LeMoyne Star variation in which each diamond is pieced with 2 half-diamonds,
and Celebration, for which I decided I'd better use the paper for those outer triangles.

I just used typing paper since it's all I had on hand. There were a few confusing moments, but hey, that's what a seam ripper is for. And the paper all pulled away fine.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:46 pm

I miss sewing would love to do up some fabric gift bags for these projects. Sigh ... But with the house on the market I think it would get me too side tracked. Maybe in Dec. I will know if I can embark on that.

Return to “The Creative Home”