Art, Craft and Needlework, February 2019

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Twins' Mom

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, February 2019

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:17 am

What fun, Nancy! I had to google your machine to have a look. I'd love to have a decent working machine so I'll be interested in your review. The machine I have is probably 25 years old(maybe older?) and I probably haven't used it in 10 or 15 years. Getting it back out, even for a small repair is just too daunting.

I had fun walking through Michaels yesterday. I got two inks, which I needed. Both are inks I already own, but are so old they need replacement with a juicy pad. I also got a package with a feather pattern die (to create a dry embossed impression) and matching die to cut a couple of feather shapes. Should be some fun creativity.

I'm also enjoying relearning what I already have that I've forgotten about. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Sewing is my hobby.
I love this machine it is easy to thread and simple to operate weighs less than my Viking.
I did not get a case yet never used the one on my Viking..
U tube has reviews and tutorials and classes for a brush up I found helpful.
Still deciding on a case or trolly for it the reviews on the trolles were bad so I changed my mind on that. I was going to get a heavy duty singer but the box was damaged so got this one instead. It is supposed to be faster. :mrgreen: Has a foot petal. Clear drop in bobbin good to see how much thread it left. We had singer sewing machines in home ec. Class. Not made in the USA like I read on line. Dil had a diff. Model taught grand daughters on it. Was working on it before she passed.

I would have gotten a Janome hd 1000 if I could have found one in stock. It was under & 300. Had a nice tote bag too.
I went with the mechanical not computerized one bc I rarely do machine embrodery. I had so much fun looking at the machines on line!
Found one in stock at W-mart. Joanns had them too. As did Michaels I suspect but we do not have a Michaels store in town. I could not get the visa on line to work at Joanns so I did not get anything there yet...but will do in store shopping.
I like the idea of close by avalibity stuff like accessories extras & fabric marking pens etc.
My singer was $150 aproximately, got fabric too. Lol! Extra $ 25.
I reorganized my sewing space, played musical tables. Got out my bag of sewing fabric stach glad I kept them.

Projects list draw and cut out pattern.
Pj 's 2 pr cannot find the ones I want to buy have to make em it is hot flash city here. Lol!
Lounge pants for summer 2 pr. They are more comfy.
Gift bag to do stiches on not sure how many. Good pratice for learning this machine.
Sewing machine cover lined denium to see how it does on jean fabric.
I like to sew simple garments and small quilts so they will be going on the list as well.
I am 99% sure I will get my other machine fixed if at all possible this spring.

Did some spinning today plyed up a ball of yarn.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:04 pm

So glad for you that you're enjoying it Nancy!

I stamped a bit this afternoon and just have trouble doing anything. Nothing looks good to me these days!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Twins way to go with the stampings.

I got the 1st pr of pj ' s done, and new elastic in 2 other pairs of them. One needed a redo of the waist band casing. 2nd pr. Of pj's done yea!
What to sew next.

Return to “The Creative Home”