***Holiday Planning, 2019***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

***Holiday Planning, 2019***

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:23 pm

★˛˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛.*★˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛*★ Holiday *★* 。*˛.
˛★_██_*.。*../ ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.★* Season Is *★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*.°。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. ♥ On Its Way ♥ ˛* ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°˛/• '♫ ' •\.˛*/______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛.*。
* (...'•'.. )°*˛°╬╬╬╬╬˛°|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛ ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're going to have to acknowledge the calendar! It is pointing the way!

The Holiday Grand Plan has begun "Question Week" and after getting questions about hopes and dreams answered, next week starts in to the Plan in earnest.

The House and Holiday Plan, formerly known as The Houseworks Holiday Plan has begun "Planning and Paperwork Week" and starts with "Calendar and Creativity" in the coming week.

For those who would rather think in terms of a shorter span of only the 6 weeks before Christmas,

The Christmas Countdown will begin "Get Organized Week" October 27. Be aware - this is a little later start than previous years, because of how calendar dates fall.

Please use this forum to let us know either your own plans or the plans linked here that you are using, and the sparkly, cheery progress you are surely making! :)

Don't forget that if you choose to create handmade gifts and/or decor, that right beside this thread, the Arts, Crafts and Needlework thread posters definitely want to hear about your creativity! :idea:

:idea: :idea: To refer to your own previous thoughts, reminders, ideas, we're blessed to still be able to do that through previous Holiday Planning threads. Just scroll down the Creative Home forum topics to find 2018, 2017, etc.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2019***

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 pm

I am currently working on fill the freezer and restocking staples to use for this as part of my holiday planning. Doing reicpe round up and trying out recipes and have been learning quite a bit in this process. Working on my Holiday Notebook. I tried Fly Ladies plan but her recipes are so different than what we like and can eat, like 25 lbs. Of ground beef cooked up ahead is not my style.
Using recipes that have ingredients no one is alergic to is working.

Those links all worked for me.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Oh my goodness, the holidays. :shock:

Which one of these plans is most like the one we used to do from CEO's website? I think that's the one I have printed out in my notebook.

This year seems different. I have so many other things on my mind, I have no idea how I will get it together. Course, every year I think this and somehow manage to do it in some form or fashion. It just gets harder the older I get.

Oh I think it's the Holiday Grand Plan I have...but when I click on the link for it I see the title page then instantly the screen goes blank white. Is it me?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 am

Harmony, the links all work for me and are the 2019 pages. Thanks, Nancy, for letting us know they work for you.
Harmony, maybe just search for Holiday Grand Plan yourself and see if it directs you?

Nancy, I only tried that once-a-month-cooking OAMC thing twice in my life (once chicken and once hamburger), and it really felt like a chore, not happy. It didn't help that much, took a long time to believe the kitchen was clean again (especially after chicken), and we got tired of the meals. And I agree - not my style now, for sure. I no longer believe the "common knowledge" that you have to build each meal around a meat entree. I think that was just lining some big-business pockets. Previous generations didn't believe that. I'd rather just make a double-batch of things we actually do think are the right choices.

Our plans are up in the air for many things. I wish I knew for certain how HRH is going to feel by each holiday, but we're playing it by ear. One thing I know is that decluttering and cleaning HAVE to be continued, one foot in front of the other!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:35 am

I have been doing single batch of new recipes till I get them right or figure out if we like them. I too only did OMAC cooking one time using the 2 wk. Plan. These days doubling recipes for a better variety. Today appreciating having things ahead to do other projects.

2 loaves I made for dson going to his house to get room in my freezer.
The no cinnamon loaves are for dgd as she cannot eat it.

I learned rolls, brown bread, & white bread, and proofing dough, quick breads w fruit from the place here.
I used to work the counter in a bakery so had some knowledge, forgot some stuff got great info. From you tubes and google.
I have the front steps decorated for fall.

Trying to get more themes in my crafting for Christmas I could not find nativity print fabric so will go with red and green may put felt silouttes on em if I find one I can use for a pattern. No succes at that.

Got labels that did not work on the small jars for hers. Dang but I did figure out how to peel the labels off and have jars from peanut butter I have been saving most of the yea will work I am thinking any way.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Don't know what was up with my computer last time. This time the calendar came up. I printed the 3 calendars.

Looked at the Grand Plan I had set up in my notebook years ago and it is very different. I have a list for each week which gives me the chores for that week beside the area to clean. Like telling me when to make the menu, what to put on the list, etc. I had changed the areas to fit my house better for some reason. I guess I could follow the schedule for 2019 and then use the holiday prep instructions on the old version. I note it was from 2006. Are the holiday prep instructions still in the holiday plan somewhere, perhaps I'm just missing it.

I'd sure like to find an easier way to do all this. Christmas and Thanksgiving is always such a scramble around here and I can no longer work at that speed and length.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 pm

I have been getting the hang of re-labeling jars and tins, removing origional ones and putting on new ones I can write on.
Some for supplies I use in the kitchen. I have some ideas for jar gifts hoping they work out and are the right size time will tell.
If not I have to be on the look out for jars to use. At the store I look for the best size glass jars to reuse when I get relish or pickles for example.
Thrift shop has em also.
It was supposed to rain here today I was going to sew but it is lovely out so har esting herbs could be my change of plans.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Not ready to make full holiday plans yet, but I just realized that I will need a small gift for each member of my sewing group leadership team (6) in addition to coworker gifts. Need to find patterns for homemade gifts that I can easily sew in multiples.

I have noted a few videos to watch that look very promising, but I'll need to calculate time & materials cost for each project.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:43 pm

I chopped up some more plums these were frozen, and I put them back in the freezer. Plum bread has been a hit!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm

I am super nervous about holiday plans this year. It's always difficult for us as a family but this year is particularly bad. A sort-of plan with DSiL fell through weeks ago as they changed their plans and it wasn't doable for us. On my side I have one family very stressed out, one who never wants to host (and that would be the solution to all of this if this was different) and one set who we can't seem to navigate the path to get there and back with any type of sanity left.

Emails and long conversation, while looking at maps together does not really solve the problem. I don't know if I am up to a long long lost-in-the-wilderness trip ending up in a narrow road through a swamp (really that's what happened last time).

Busy busy time of the year for this state, especially that area. Reservations have to be made weeks and weeks ahead of time. If I end up having to host I am going to have to figure out the easiest way to make a holiday meal ever invented.

Can we just make the holidays go away this year?
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Creative Home”