Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2019

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, November 2019

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:14 am

I have done the next step on a small table I have been painting on distressed it some, a bit more to do.
Working on making a wooden dough bowl.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Potholders - yes, I've always found they take more time than you think they will. The ones that you just turn rather than edge with binding do go faster, but it's usually still a surprise how long.

Nancy, HRH's first job was distressing. He used chains and other low-tech items while working for a large furniture company, indoors, and got very good at it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 pm

I stamped for just a few minutes tonight. I ordered additional little copper foil embellishments and I'm waiting for those before I finalize a couple of cards. Remembered after the fact that I should make a pet sympathy card for a friend also.

I am still suffering from this cold. Sore sore throat, yucky stuff coming out of nasal passages. Dh always starts talking about seeing the doctor if a cold goes on too long, but this hasn't even been a week yet. This hasn't been a bad cold but I should be turning the corner!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 pm

I stamped for just a few minutes tonight. I ordered additional little copper foil embellishments and I'm waiting for those before I finalize a couple of cards. Remembered after the fact that I should make a pet sympathy card for a friend also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:10 am

Booksaver, I made those scrubbies too and loved doing it. But in a very short time of using them they fell apart. I sent one to Sunny too and think hers probably fell apart also. :oops: I guess I need a better pattern.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

Harriet chairs take longer than I thought they would but still fun.
Made skne progress on the wooden bowl.
I need to get busy on sone sewing projects it has rained here.
I need to remember how I used to sew when the day light was gone and a space heater kept me cozy.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Harmony, I haven't had that problem with the scrubbies I've been making but I actually only use one for a month or so because they get so nasty brown from scrubbing my cast iron pans every night. Sanitizing with soap and boiling water will get them cleaner but that also makes them softer so they don't scrub as well. It's like a small gift to myself to grab a new clean scrubbie on the first of the month.

I have a different scrubbie pattern to try. One of my errands yesterday was to pick up a new crochet hook because it calls for size N 10mm and I know I've never had one of those. I had a 50% coupon, too, which made it only cost $1.59.

This pattern doesn't use the nylon netting strips, it uses 6" wide tulle which I ordered online in a pack of 8 colors.

If I end up liking this pattern, I will order the tulle online again because it was quite a lot more expensive at the local store. I just checked, at A river I paid less than $13 for the bundle of 8 but the local J store only had single colors for $4.99 each. They looked like the same thing, the width and yardage were the same, but they were wrapped in plastic so I couldn't feel if they were different texture.

I'll let you know how how the new pattern works out.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 am

I have painted a mini crate I like the way it turned out, it still needs some accents, and sealed.
Got sm. Table destressed.
Got stencils and paint.
Also Festive fabric to work up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Dd21 and I brainstormed ideas for a card while out to lunch. We sat in the booth and talked color schemes and media. Still very aware it may not have time to happen. Nice to think about it, though!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 am

I seamed up a dozen gift bags in various sizes this evening. Got them done. I have a few more to do up.
Red bags x
Green bags x
Sunflowe & veg. Print bags x

Next up :arrow:
floral pillow cases and shades of blue bags.

Working on a * Let Ii Snow * sign.
I have a side table to paint next.

Return to “The Creative Home”