Art, Craft and Needlework, December 2019

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
BookSaver
Administrator

Art, Craft and Needlework, December 2019

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Full steam ahead for holiday crafting! Whatever holidays you celebrate in December, and whatever creative arts you enjoy, let's have fun together.

Harriet

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, December 2019

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:48 am

Full steam ahead. I thought, "Toot, toooooot!"

Also, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"
:D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am

I have stamp club on Thursday a.m. - we'll be away this weekend so I can't go on Saturday. I need to do SU order for this month, I was waiting until today because a "year end clearance" started, sadly, it's not really worthwhile.

I have started a list in my bullet journal of cards to make and send. Too many times it crosses my mind that I should send a card to someone, then I completely forget. I like to make the cards more than I like to send, I suspect. I did send a lovely thank you card that I made several months ago yesterday to dcousins in NY thanking them for Thanksgiving.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Bought a How to Draw Inky Wonderlands book by Johanna Badford.
Looking forward to browsing through it. :mrgreen:

I have been working on another let is snow sign, this one is on the back of the fall sign.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Harmony! I saw your quilt and I'm sold on taking a nap under that, 'cause it's wonderful! So cute and I can see the fishies in parts so I get what you were talking about with the fun fabrics. I am a sucker for blue. The photo is about the size they turn out for me lately - once I could post small ones and am not sure why they're larger now.

Nancy, that is a gorgeous book. I would rather ink/sketch drawings to suit myself, and have some surprises! Some serendipity that comes out of my own brain, or even mistakes (if there is such a thing). It's brand new, too, just published I think?

I like to make the cards more than I like to send, I suspect.

Twins'
sometimes having really lovely stamps at the ready will get me to follow through on personal correspondence. Do you create your own envelopes or is that really way too much time? I was thinking if you were quite proud of the envelopes, too, that might get you a little further toward the mailbox, lol.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 pm

For me, it's writing the notes, Harriet. Although, I've actually sent two cards this week.

I had hoped for some stamping time today but that was foiled by the garage door repair and dh coming home early so he could be here for that. We went out to run an errands. I'm not even sure I'll get my steps in now!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:44 pm

I enjoyed some drawing time after lunch while I recoperate from this dang cold.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:42 pm

I stamped some on Friday afternoon, and since I was unproductive today anyway, I stamped some more. I pulled out a thank you card to send to the family who hosted the neighborhood Holiday party last week. On Friday I did cards for the surprise birthday party on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. Today I did a thank you card for the friends who had us up to their cabin near the Smokey Mtns this last weekend. Very cute, it has three glittery bears on it and I used some wood grain card stock to give it a rustic vibe. And inspired by a card I found online I made a Christmas card for the dfriend who just moved away. I never was able to get in touch with her before she left, so I feel bad and I'll write her a note. I used a "tufted" dry embossing folder to give the background a tufted look and added a tiny pearl at each "tuft."

In contrast, I can't seem to get inspired on an Ugly Hanukkah sweater.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 am

Woodgrain card stock sounds wonderful - I could have used that for my ark! :)

Today going to HLobby was very nice. First stop was acrylic painting supplies for the Angel Tree gift. Dd certainly was the person to handle this request. We encountered a display of "kits" as we approached the area, but dd picked one up and put it back down, saying it just wasn't a value. She shopped for each paint and canvas individually and found much smarter choices that will go a lot further, plus brushes and a little palette, all for the same money as the kit.

Then we shopped for her friends who knit. We are not experts - she actually knows more than I. But we had color ideas from the friends and really I was so impressed with the beautiful choices in yarns these days. They are like candy for the eyes and when you touch them, you're in love! I don't see how our knitters here can manage it, not buying too much! She bought some more yarn herself, which she's already started working with tonight.

I found a bunch of one small decor item (all the same, yay!) for students and felt very fortunate. They'll fit into envelopes! Bonus! Unfortunately, she couldn't decide for hers but there are just so many choices of what to do for children - she'll come up with something.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:48 pm

I had to move some projects to this mo. Bc they were gifts. One is half done now a crochet hot pad yea for progress.

Return to “The Creative Home”