Art, Craft and Needlework, April, 2009

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, April, 2009

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 pm

This is the place to report on the fun stuff!

What has your creative juices flowing this month? Do you have a new technique you're mastering? Is there a new project that you're planning? Or are you delighted to be completing some UnFinished Objects (UFOs) and feeling virtuous?

If you've gotten any compliments on your art, here's the place to brag! We really want to hear. If you've taken a picture you'd like to share, check out the Tips Hints forum to find the different ways to do that, and let us see. There you'll find Kathryn's "Posting Pictures" and Indiana's "Sizing Pictures Using MS Paint".

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, April, 2009

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Checking In:
I worked on getting a striped prayer shawl
in green and brown tones to the complete
state last month.
Then got it blocked folded and put away.

Giving my arm a rest;
as the yard is calling this season.

vampgirl32

Postby vampgirl32 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:51 pm

I am going to focus on getting my craft room back in order so I can start creating again. I would like to make some cards and update some scrapbooks.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm getting ready to go to a sewing retreat later this week. :mrgreen:

This will not be an overnight retreat, we have the rooms and kitchen from 9 AM to 9 PM Thursday, Friday & Saturday. I'm planning to go each day from 9 until no later than 6. I can't imagine either my back or my brain will last any longer than that.

The fabrics I pulled out for sewing retreat projects are washed & dried; the cottons still need to be ironed.

Skirt #1 = 18 gores already cut out

Skirt #2 = decide if I'm going to cut 6-8 gores (more flattering bias drape) or just throw an elastic casing on the uncut fabric (shows off the pretty print )

Jacket #1 = pattern needs to be altered, then will cut out & try with inexpensive test fabric before cutting the good stuff

Jacket #2 = already sewn together but very blah, will try to figure out if fitting darts & decorative trim will save it

Aprons need to be cut out:
#1 & #2 = old fashioned bib style with sweetheart neckline
#3 & #4 = Sewing Workshop Tamari pattern, very quick & easy modern style
#5 & #6 = beautiful fabrics for 1920s-30s overall/smock style but I have misplaced the pattern :|

Community service tote bags = will take some along to fill in little bits of time or if the brain goes dead.

I sew very slowly and know that in the 3 days, I'll only be able to complete 2 or 3 projects. However, I am told that we will have a lot of space and lots of long tables available. The place I always get bogged down is laying out and cutting the patterns. If I can get most of the pattern pieces cut (faster to do without feline help! :lol: ), it will be much easier to do the sewing later at home.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I made up some puppets, and more dish clothes last week.
This week got a hot pad done.

vampgirl32

Postby vampgirl32 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 pm

I found some old newspapers from the 30's so I am going through and getting images I can use on cards. Very excited about what they will look like.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:00 am

Indiana has called us "The Art, Craft and Needlework Building" in the village! (on home/entry page). :D Check it out to see Twins' Mom's creativity.

I have been pulled, kicking and screaming, from my quilt studio, by circumstances lately. This week will keep me away from home and rushing about, but perhaps the future holds some creative time. (I also have two pairs of slacks I want to hem but can't even get to that mundane sewing!)

Hope everyone else is enjoying their art!
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm

The other day I got yarn put away that I'd
sorted from a thrift shop find day.

Today I got an apron in summer print
finished! Yippie only one more to go
maybe tomorrow we'll just have to wait and see.

Return to “The Creative Home”