Art, Craft and Needlework, April 2021

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harmony

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, April 2021

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Harriet, do you mean to take your quilt room (the one HRH moved back there for you) to your other place? Actually, about your link, I didn't actually go looking for her page. Your link took me to a whole page of her quilts, all of them beautiful.

Oh Sunny did a whole bunch of little ornaments - well we're calling them ornaments because they're supposed to be for key chains as they have a little chain with a clip at the end, but each of us is going to use them on our Christmas tree. She sent me some of what she made along with the quilt block. These aren't sewn things, they are those little jewel things put on something stiff. She gave me a Christmas stocking, a parrot, a heart, a round one like a starburst, a snowman and a santa clause. I have a metal "tree" with little hanging photo frames with pictures of lots of my relatives in them, and in the empty spaces I hung these ornaments...until Christmas comes.

She can describe them easier than I can. She makes them with some sort of implement and wax to pick up the jewels / beads. All just adorable. She is very creative, has much more that side of her brain than I do. I can organize all the stuff just so, but she makes things out of this stuff better than I do!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:04 pm

We will probably leave the small building here. Most all my sewing things are indoors now.

HRH looked at my wall of bookshelving our boys did for me (which holds a lot of container-ed projects) and said he knew that would be what I would miss. It will be replaced with use of one of the bedroom closets. I said, let all the clothes go but not my fabrics. (Don't really need to choose! My parents actually had less space but more closet space than me.)

I confided an impossible wish to dd. I wish my dmother's light, airy living room could be cloned twice. I would have one as my mother intended, a sitting room decorated in pastels. One for dd to have an art studio and just keep living with us. And one for me to have a quiltmaking studio.

But it looks like dd will go ahead with moving out (and I understand spreading wings), and I'll have a small bedroom for sewing. Still up in the air, though, and she knows if anything falls through, that bedroom is hers. There is a dining area off the LR that we'll probably close off (just a screen or something) and HRH will have his office there. We just don't need a dedicated dining room anymore.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:41 pm

I have been toying with the idea of more totes.

Completed a crochet hot pad started a knit dish cloth.
Ripped out a couple of smaller projects to reuse the yarn.
Got to a bit of sewing.

Return to “The Creative Home”