Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2021

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2021

Postby Harriet » Sun May 02, 2021 8:16 am

How is your creative ꧁ღ ⚡ ღ꧂ spark shining as we move into May?

Is it giving some light to projects you've loved a long time, or guiding you to look at your particular methods and talents in a new way? Can you use it to spot better storage and organization ideas for your supplies, as well?

You'll find inquiring minds here! We'd love to know.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2021

Postby Nancy » Sun May 02, 2021 10:31 am

Yesterday I painted a small wall hanging project, brown wood is now white with shabby shiek.
I am very pleased with this one and the mirrored dresser I did last as well. I can tell my skill is increasing.
I am hankering to do a table! Do I need a table no! LOL!

I am adding to my collection of dish clothes one white cone has been knit up, one blue yellow and white cone last dish cloth is done yea! I have started a green yellow and white cone, doing 2 hot pads of each color. I have these in a basket it is full! :mrgreen:

I have Hand hemmed a fun tropical print pair of pants to wear to dgd's bbq this mo. To celebrate her grad from a 4 yr. collage W. S. U.!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 13, 2021 12:03 am

Dang lost a post.
1. Dgd painted a stool and took it home to go in her bedroom. She drew a design on it and painted that!
2. I got first color on a small table, I have a stool that fits really well with the small table retinking this it would be great for a child
and the 1st & 2nd color on the bigger table.
3. hot pad x
4. dish cloth is done.

I have a new to me book and it has border designs to draw and I am having fun with this one I did a new page layout for my bullet journal.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 13, 2021 11:00 pm

I know ya'll think I must have an entire depository of bookmarks by now, but really I still run out. I combined decluttering with making a few simple ones.

Greeting cards ready to toss but beautiful or sophisticated, especially those that lent themselves to being cut vertically in thirds on the front, are in my little bookmark stash now. Also, an interior of one card cut diagonally, so it incorporated the sentiment inside with the dear sender's signature too, made a meaningful one. On one that wasn't too thick, I put the scripture verse part onto the back, cut the same shape, and just taped around the edges with scotch tape. If they don't last long, that's fine, and if anyone in the family wants to borrow, I can let them go happily.

My Mother's Day gift from dd22 was a pendant of a dried blossom from a plant I grew last year, suspended in resin and wire-wrapped.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 21, 2021 12:24 pm

That's a wonderful gift! I've been doing that with my greeting cards for years. Some I make into tags for gifts, some are bookmarks. Some I keep in my keepsake box for the written note and signature inside.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm

I did some paper crafting cut some planner dividers down from a diff. Planner.

Return to “The Creative Home”