Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2021

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2021

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:52 am

What do you think about DAILY attention to work on your creative projects?

BookSaver and Nancy have experience with the idea of DAILY creativity, more than I do. I struggle with keeping up regular practice of doing at least a little each day toward projects. I tend to work in spurts, and then have disappointment as I wait for a chance at the next spurt! I thought this excerpt was interesting, and made me think in terms of "devoting time, space and energy", with a visual on what that would look like for me.

What does June look like for you?

Do you have a daily practice?

In reality, as creative beings living life, we all have a daily practice – the things we do over and over every day. And since humans are creatures of habit, many of us will have routines and rituals that we do daily, without thinking or even noticing.

But in the creative sense, a daily practice is an intentional action or routine that we design to support our life goals and dreams. A daily practice is the intention and habit of devoting time, space, and energy to certain meaningful practices – every day. And if you have creative goals, designing a daily creative practice can be an effective way of supporting your progress towards those goals.

Daily attention to anything is powerful, as it accumulates steadily and strengthens over time.

- from Tonics for Your Creative Spirit by Danielle Raine

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2021

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:17 pm

I luv that quote Harriet!
With one week of school left I got some crafting insp. At the store when I picked up a few things
For us to work on as projocts a unicorn statue bust for dgd to paint, chalk board paint for signs I have some boards
That can be used for that. Disney sticker mostly fir dgd to use she is doing so well with her disc bound planner
She will have fun with that. They like the friction pens, I have not tried them maybe I should.

A new cone of bright orange, sunny yellow, and white ombre yarn for
Dish cloths and hot pads too.
Found me sone blue pens for my journaling I go through them fast.
A coloring book for big people. Worlds Of Wonder. By Johanna Bashford. It is her new one!
Dgd , dd, & I all enjoy doing this!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, June 2021

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm

I have finished one cone of yarn and started another. Yellow orange and white cheery summer colors.
My stack of completed projects grows. First one of these new color is done.

I painted some cut outs of plywood pieces 2 apx. 10 x 14 inches and a long one 24 x 12 in. Apx with
Black multi surface chalkboard paint. They are outside drying, this heat is great weather to dry paint in.

I have been drawing in my summer sketch book, and sketching and inking over these in my bujo.

Got Julia Cameron's new book The Listening Path, I am currently reading it. I lim e the larger font on this one.
I journaled outside this morning. Also did my planning under the shade of the big maple out front.

Return to “The Creative Home”