*** Holiday Planning 2021 ***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

*** Holiday Planning 2021 ***

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:00 pm

★˛˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛.*★˚˛*˛°.˛*˛°˛*★ Holiday *★* 。*˛.
˛★_██_*.。*../ ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.★* Season Is *★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*.°。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. ♥ On Its Way ♥ ˛* ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°˛/• '♫ ' •\.˛*/______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛.*。
* (...'•'.. )°*˛°╬╬╬╬╬˛°|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛ ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're going to have to acknowledge the calendar! It is pointing the way!

If you're really on your game this year, maybe you're ALREADY on plan with one of these 2 calendars:

The Holiday Grand Plan has just begun "Family Room Week".

The House and Holiday Plan, formerly known as The Houseworks Holiday Plan has begun "Cooking Space Week".

But,

For those who are thinking in terms of the shorter span of only the 6 weeks before Christmas that we have ahead of us, and maybe incorporate some REALITIES about their likely smaller celebration this year and how the pressure of the holidays may make us FEEL,

The Christmas Countdown is just emerging from "Get Organized Week" and starting into "Reality Check Week". The "reality check" thoughts are a good read.

Please use this forum to let us know either your own plans or the plans linked here that you are using, and any progress you are making! :)

Don't forget that if you choose to create handmade gifts and/or decor, that right beside this thread, the Arts, Crafts and Needlework thread posters definitely want to hear about your creativity! :idea:

:idea: :idea: To refer to your own previous thoughts, reminders, ideas, we're blessed to still be able to do that through previous Holiday Planning threads. Just scroll down the Creative Home forum topics to find 2020, 2019, 2018, etc.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: *** Holiday Planning 2021 ***

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Kids have organized turkey day dinner not here.
Donated some funds for food baskets at church.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:16 pm

This year Hanukah begins at the end of Thanksgiving weekend, so we don't have a "holiday" season. I think we're going to dcousin's for Thanksgiving with her family. In some ways they are the only family I have left.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:43 pm

I recommended the above to the nurse who did my blood work today. She mentioned interest in calendaring holiday readiness plus enjoying discussions on understanding our own attitudes toward holidays. Pulled it up on my phone easily, though I never had before, because I had just typed it here. So that worked out well.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 pm

I got out my notebook and looked at the H Grand Plan schedule I have printed out. It started Aug 28, 2 preliminary-type questions and lists until Sept 11. I am so far behind and this is my own fault, but now I must figure stuff out.

Just found out for Thanksgiving I will not be seeing older DD and family, not surprised. But Younger DD and 3 boys will be here. Depending on the schedule of XSiL dinner here will likely be very early in the day. Not my favorite time to get a big meal together and I am actually not even hungry that early for a big huge meal so early, but it's the only way to figure it.

And the H G Plan focuses mostly on Christmas and gives no attention to Thanksgiving and a lot of the cleaning etc. done after Thanksgiving must be done before that if one is having overnight guests. I will need 4 beds.... DGSons always curled up together with no problems and actually wanted it this way... but they're big bodies now and 2 adults in the mix...

Yes the name is changed to House and Holiday Plan from the Houseworks Holiday Plan but I have my papers still as Holiday Grand Plan... and I guess the plan itself is still the same? Looked at the Christmas Countdown and it too is only for Christmas and has only Christmas stuff and no household things included. Is my assessment of that correct?

Doesn't seem to be a way to follow any of these schedules now. I wish someone had lit a fire under me before this. I will just have to do the necessary stuff and catch up as best I can. At least this year I am not making any handmade gifts.

I feel a bit of stress to be able to pull this off. Wish me luck!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:36 am

I have went through the holiday totes looking for cards nope not in there.
But got the lites out and dd has them on her tree and it is up already!

I made up cookie dough and got cookie cutters for dd and dgd to have fun with this weekend.

Dd said the that the other crock pot in this pack of two small ones [1.5 qt.] She can use at work.
When I got the owners manuel for the crock pot out found the 2 boxes of Christmas cards. :mrgreen:
I got in previous years pretty sure they were marked down when I got them.
They will go in with the box of the other crock pot for dgson it has hot pad and 2 dish cloths and an owners manual with some yummy recipes.

I have sent off one Christmas card and letter this week.
I got a couple of other things checked off my list and in the gift closet. These need to be bagged or boxed up still.
Plans are rolling along. Made another hot pad. A few more to do up.
Stuff was in stock wonder of wonder at the store yea! Some things I have been looking for was able to find yea!

Kitchen is looking better now.
Made up another batch of cookie dough.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:01 pm

Well, plan out the window. Just get done as much as I can as soon as I can. Try not to feel overwhelmed.

Thought a lot about why holidays are so tough here. Remember thinking this summer about things I needed to do but was waiting until the weather cooled a bit. I get a bit slower in the heat and put things off. Yeah. So now it's a bit cooler and the time's here to get things done but wow there's the holidays, everything at the same time. No wonder I work so hard in the fall. I need to have a new plan. Can we make it cooler in the summer?

Used to be DH would be working all the time, making work for me and I'd have all the house stuff to do by myself. I don't know if that was worse or this when he's home and feels the push to get ready for the holidays and picks big projects to do (fence cleaning for instance) and needs me to help. Oh well...

I have a tree to put up, was worried about finding one. Need to check and see if I have cards. Thanksgiving card in the mail today. A couple big work days around here I'll feel better about things..I hope.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:19 pm

d harriet what a beautiful beginning!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm

thinking of all of you as you get ready for the holidays!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:38 pm

I am pretending to have a party to motivate me to do holiday decor and cooking ahead.
I have learned favs. For collage grandson fooid care package was a hit to take back with him.
Cup of soup, meat stick, and cookie dough. I will add hot cocoa and candy for the Christmas one.

Return to “The Creative Home”